Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I wonder if this thread is really on the issue that I am facing for several days and hence could not log in. I am now r3ecovering from acute pain in neck. But this was caused more by winter rain and cold wind that fogged me harsh. I don't know how much long hours on compter added to my pain but during these days whenever I tried to sit on computer, my pain became more uinbearable

I have no doubts that the pain in your neck is the result of working long hours on computer because I too suffer from that occasionally and when the pain becomes unbearable I have to take a break. What you can do to help reduce discomfort is do stretching exercises to relieve stiffness in muscles.

Also, I was prescribed special exercises for neck and back for this very problem, I have kept the sheet in some file, will search for it and send it to you as soon as I can. Doing those exercises regularly helps a lot, as they have devised especially by a renowned doctor.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I wonder if this thread is really on the issue that I am facing for several days and hence could not log in. I am now r3ecovering from acute pain in neck. But this was caused more by winter rain and cold wind that fogged me harsh. I don't know how much long hours on compter added to my pain but during these days whenever I tried to sit on computer, my pain became more uinbearable

I have no doubts that the pain in your neck is the result of working long hours on computer because I too suffer from that occasionally and when the pain becomes unbearable I have to take a break. What you can do to help reduce discomfort is do stretching exercises to relieve stiffness in muscles.

Also, I was prescribed special exercises for neck and back for this very problem, I have kept the sheet in some file, will search for it and send it to you as soon as I can. Doing those exercises regularly helps a lot, as they have devised especially by a renowned doctor.

True, Physio therapy exercises devised exclusively for body pains like pain in the neck and back will certainly help Gulshan. I know he is constantly exposed to computer work both in his office and here.. With time, he will be his usual self.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Taking relax while working is very important, and it becomes more important if you work in front of computer....previousaly only private sector uses computer in their work but now government sector also implements computer works......so it become important to take a rest while working for short intervals.
Sitting for hours together in a job is not restricted to Computer jobs only. There are different kinds of work which are writing based. And they are not restricted to freelancers alone. There are household jobs which demand a continuous stint of working. All these lead to many ailments. The antidote for these evils is a "Movement" of your limbs. They need not be conventional exercises.

It might have been a combination of all - long hours in front of the computer,the weather etc...I too get shoulder pain at times if I spend a lot of time, more so when I am writing articles and forget that I have been typing sitting in the same position for a couple of hours. The best thing to do would be to take a break and drink water every now and then.It does help ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It might have been a combination of all - long hours in front of the computer,the weather etc...I too get shoulder pain at times if I spend a lot of time, more so when I am writing articles and forget that I have been typing sitting in the same position for a couple of hours. The best thing to do would be to take a break and drink water every now and then.It does help ...

True. I split my long jobs in to small chunks. For example while writing my articles, I aim at 200 words in a short tint. The moment i complete 200 words I get away from the computer. It all comes to one thing. 'Choose a way that best suits you."
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.