Hello friends.
I would be travelling out of my city and that too on my bike. I will be nearly 120 km away from my place. I want to know if there is any such app that will allow me to know the road directions even without internet connection. The place where I am going is new to me and I never went there before. By the way, I do have net connection at home and use Wi-Fi over my phone. So, I don't want to spend more money for getting a net pack on my mobile phone and that too for just one-two days. Please suggest if you know any.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hello friends.
I would be travelling out of my city and that too on my bike. I will be nearly 120 km away from my place. I want to know if there is any such app that will allow me to know the road directions even without internet connection. The place where I am going is new to me and I never went there before. By the way, I do have net connection at home and use Wi-Fi over my phone. So, I don't want to spend more money for getting a net pack on my mobile phone and that too for just one-two days. Please suggest if you know any.

There are innumerable free apps available now that serves every purpose and need. Take the help of Google search.
Hello friends.

There are innumerable free apps available now that serves every purpose and need. Take the help of Google search.

Thanks. I am going to do that. But I thought if anyone here new specific about something, that would have saved me some time. So, I asked here.
Hello friends.

Thanks. I am going to do that. But I thought if anyone here new specific about something, that would have saved me some time. So, I asked here.

I have been using Apps since long, But they are for my I Pad
Hello friends.

First thing first- just how do you intend to use your mobile without a net pack through your wi-fi connection that generally has a range 20-30 meters? How would you use it once your out of the range of your home internet provider? Besides, your your GPS navigation unit is only as good as your map database, and a GPS unit needs be in the direct range of at least three satellite signals then only you'll be able to correctly read your position (latitude, longitude) etc . You know i have a TOM TOM one of the biggest navigation data provider fixed in my car but unless you have the accurate map data provider in your probable visiting area, it will be of no use. It must have every single detail of the area to give you right direction.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11009]}

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Well, I just to know the routes, that's all. I think maps will be more helpful this way. The directions won't change, isn't it? I travel at least half the distance from my place where my relatives live. I will be going further from their place. So, the question is just of the next half distance.
Hello friends.
If you have android phone, you can use "Google Maps" which can now be downloaded offline, download its offline version and after that it does not require internet connectivity, only enable GPS, then one more I use while driving or walking is "My Tracks" from Google and can download from Google Play Store, the second one works nicely with GPS navigation and internet switched on , it hardly take any internet bite, and also one can send details of navigation with "My tracks" exact location and if you are walking it will calculate calorie and entire route, two are very interesting apps which can work offline while GPS switched on.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal, suni51
Well, I just to know the routes, that's all. I think maps will be more helpful this way. The directions won't change, isn't it? I travel at least half the distance from my place where my relatives live. I will be going further from their place. So, the question is just of the next half distance.

You must have a network provider to support any app. That is the prime need and as you have said in your post you do not intend to take any net-pack.

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal
Hello friends.
If you have android phone, you can use "Google Maps" which can now be downloaded offline, download its offline version and after that it does not require internet connectivity, only enable GPS, then one more I use while driving or walking is "My Tracks" from Google and can download from Google Play Store, the second one works nicely with GPS navigation and internet switched on , it hardly take any internet bite, and also one can send details of navigation with "My tracks" exact location and if you are walking it will calculate calorie and entire route, two are very interesting apps which can work offline while GPS switched on.

You got my point correctly. I was searching for an app that works offline if downloaded. Becuase I had heard it somewhere before. And yes, I do use an Android phone. I will see to it how it can be downloaded and used. Thanks for the help.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Hello friends.

You got my point correctly. I was searching for an app that works offline if downloaded. Becuase I had heard it somewhere before. And yes, I do use an Android phone. I will see to it how it can be downloaded and used. Thanks for the help.

It's fine if you have an android phone. Very nicely explained by Mohan Ji, I appreciate his solution.

If you know about sygic India map application then it is the best.. But it is paid application. But it serves the perfect purpose what you want.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.