While travelling what gadgets or application you fond of most such as talking to friends, or playing games or browsing internet or writing or any thing else?

http://mohanmekap.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Nowadays it is the smartphone and along with it is the laptop. In train journeys now hardly anyone talks with each other - all are hooked to these gadgets. Recently on a journey of about five hours, sitting in front of me where two young persons, who were listening to music through their smart phones plugged into their ears. They sat like immobile statues for all the five hours and hardly exchanged a word wih each other or others. Just before the final station one of them asked me about the final stop. The other one also took out his ear plugs. We exchanged a few words and I came to know they were good friends on way to enjoy in the city of Mumbai for a few days. So much for modern gadgets.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
my I pad and and my sketch book are my constant companions while on my move. Both keep me away from the tiresome journeys.
Nowadays it is the smartphone and along with it is the laptop. In train journeys now hardly anyone talks with each other - all are hooked to these gadgets. Recently on a journey of about five hours, sitting in front of me where two young persons, who were listening to music through their smart phones plugged into their ears. They sat like immobile statues for all the five hours and hardly exchanged a word wih each other or others. Just before the final station one of them asked me about the final stop. The other one also took out his ear plugs. We exchanged a few words and I came to know they were good friends on way to enjoy in the city of Mumbai for a few days. So much for modern gadgets.
recently, iwas Chennai for some medical reasons, with me i took my galaxy smartphone and with internet connectivity and I have hardly any boring time and from application I use Google+ maps, and vmedia player.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Even a Book of my favorite author is capable of driving away the boredom during long arduous journeys. Though I carry my I Pad, i don't read ebooks as they cause more strain on the eye.
I avoid carrying any kind of gadgets while travelling because I feel that vacation time is the actual time to recharge yourself from daily grinds of life and to take a breather, open your eyes and look, really look around you. If you become engrossed in phones or laptops or music even then, then what is difference? While traveling I prefer to acquaint myself with people around me, fellow travellers or locals, otherwise the very purpose of traveling is defeated!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I carry only mobile phone during travel and that too use very little. I rather like to talk with copassengers and watch the scenery.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I carry only mobile phone during travel and that too use very little. I rather like to talk with copassengers and watch the scenery.

Alas this breed is now reducing considerably. People sitting next to you are hooked to persons miles away. Most of the time the ir ears are plugged. Talking is not on their agenda. Good old days when one talked and talked with co passengers are becoming history.

Alas this breed is now reducing considerably. People sitting next to you are hooked to persons miles away. Most of the time the ir ears are plugged. Talking is not on their agenda. Good old days when one talked and talked with co passengers are becoming history.

That's the bane of the Technology, that made us zoombies.

Nowadays people do not talk even with their own family while traveling, each member is sitting hooked on to ipods, mobiles, laptops etc. with hardly a glance at each other. So talking to strangers is an impossible task! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Actually I carry my cellphone with me. I might need it in emergency.

I love writing and sharing ideas

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.