Hi,
While submitting one of my articles today, I tried to link it with a related article of mine that too is posted on Boddunan. But, to my surprise there was no provision for linking the articles. Shouldn't a provision be given for hyperlinking two articles?

Thanks,
Anshu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hi,
While submitting one of my articles today, I tried to link it with a related article of mine that too is posted on Boddunan. But, to my surprise there was no provision for linking the articles. Shouldn't a provision be given for hyperlinking two articles?

Thanks,
Anshu

There is no necessity of any provision. Just give the URL of the related article, saying, refer my article.....
How to do if suppose I want to hyperlink a word with a previously submitted article? I believe such provision should be provided to the authors. That will also give a cleaner look to the article being submitted.
How to do if suppose I want to hyperlink a word with a previously submitted article? I believe such provision should be provided to the authors. That will also give a cleaner look to the article being submitted.

Why do you want to link another article of your own published in the same site? What I understand is if you want to say that the present article of yours has a similar content related in a different manner on a different context,you want to inter link with the other article. In that case just say, "look at my other article " and give the URL. If its otherwise, there is no such provision here. Anyhow you can communicate with the administrator through a thread and suggest.
Hi,

Thanks,
Anshu

As Rambabu pointed out, you could include the urls , at the bottom of your article ! I have done that when we had the contest and we were writing on one subject, it made sense to provide links of all articles written on the same aubject matters..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Hi,

Thanks,
Anshu

As Rambabu pointed out, you could include the urls , at the bottom of your article ! I have done that when we had the contest and we were writing on one subject, it made sense to provide links of all articles written on the same aubject matters..

I too have done in the same way. I never felt the necessity of having a provision for interlinking the articles.
I think it is automatically done, just click on your article and after it opens at its right side bar, from there you can find related articles, and that is automatically done, so where is the need arises. It shows related posts from other authors though it is a multi author contents site but overall it is a sites so in this way it collects all relevant links from different author and interlink it in related posts.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Related articles are different. The thread poster wants to link with one of his own articles with the same content written for Boddunan.

Earlier there was a provision for interlinking articles in boddunan, I have done this myself in one of my earlier articles, but the site underwent a major overhauling and numerous changes took place. I believe that is when this facility was taken off, the reason probably might be due to oversight. I suggest you send a PM to admin regarding this and see what they say. Otherwise, just give a url at the bottom of your article, like others have suggested.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Earlier there was a provision for interlinking articles in boddunan, I have done this myself in one of my earlier articles, but the site underwent a major overhauling and numerous changes took place. I believe that is when this facility was taken off, the reason probably might be due to oversight. I suggest you send a PM to admin regarding this and see what they say. Otherwise, just give a url at the bottom of your article, like others have suggested.

Oh... Earlier the provision of interlinking was there? I'm not aware of this. Anyhow, just giving URL will serve the purpose. I for one never felt the necessity of a provision for interlinking of articles. Ever since I started writing articles here, I have been giving the URL that served my purpose.

Oh... Earlier the provision of interlinking was there? I'm not aware of this. Anyhow, just giving URL will serve the purpose. I for one never felt the necessity of a provision for interlinking of articles. Ever since I started writing articles here, I have been giving the URL that served my purpose.

Yes Rambabu, the provision existed earlier. Now giving url might suffice but the fact is that in the electronic media, attention and interest of the reader is definitively shortlived and if he or she cannot access something quickly, they just move on. So interlinking article is one way of assuring readership. Only a few might go to the trouble of copying the url and pasting in browser to read its contents, more likely, readers will just pass on! So having interlinking feature is always better.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.