Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
How to do if suppose I want to hyperlink a word with a previously submitted article? I believe such provision should be provided to the authors. That will also give a cleaner look to the article being submitted.

Earlier there was a provision for interlinking articles in boddunan, I have done this myself in one of my earlier articles, but the site underwent a major overhauling and numerous changes took place. I believe that is when this facility was taken off, the reason probably might be due to oversight. I suggest you send a PM to admin regarding this and see what they say. Otherwise, just give a url at the bottom of your article, like others have suggested.
It might be due to sudden change of Google Panda search engne alogorithms which penalises sites with high links.

http://mohanmekap.com/

How to do if suppose I want to hyperlink a word with a previously submitted article? I believe such provision should be provided to the authors. That will also give a cleaner look to the article being submitted.

Earlier there was a provision for interlinking articles in boddunan, I have done this myself in one of my earlier articles, but the site underwent a major overhauling and numerous changes took place. I believe that is when this facility was taken off, the reason probably might be due to oversight. I suggest you send a PM to admin regarding this and see what they say. Otherwise, just give a url at the bottom of your article, like others have suggested.

Oh... Earlier the provision of interlinking was there? I'm not aware of this. Anyhow, just giving URL will serve the purpose. I for one never felt the necessity of a provision for interlinking of articles. Ever since I started writing articles here, I have been giving the URL that served my purpose.

Yes Rambabu, the provision existed earlier. Now giving url might suffice but the fact is that in the electronic media, attention and interest of the reader is definitively shortlived and if he or she cannot access something quickly, they just move on. So interlinking article is one way of assuring readership. Only a few might go to the trouble of copying the url and pasting in browser to read its contents, more likely, readers will just pass on! So having interlinking feature is always better.

Agreed. The provision of Interlinking the articles certainly has its advantages. I think, this can be brought to the notice of the Administrator,so that he can reestablish the old system of interlinking the articles.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

It might be due to sudden change of Google Panda search engne alogorithms which penalises sites with high links.

The links in such case would be links to commercial websites and ads to increase traffic. Here it is about linking one article to another of the same author. eg. I wrote an article on Emotional Intelligence in which Empathy is a major factor. I had written another article on Empathy and since both these are related to each other, I gave an interlink in my EI article. so that when someone reads my article, I expect him to read my other article Empathy also which talks about it in detail. This has nothing to do with search engine algorithm but allowing readers to read more on what you want!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The links in such case would be links to commercial websites and ads to increase traffic. Here it is about linking one article to another of the same author. eg. I wrote an article on Emotional Intelligence in which Empathy is a major factor. I had written another article on Empathy and since both these are related to each other, I gave an interlink in my EI article. so that when someone reads my article, I expect him to read my other article Empathy also which talks about it in detail. This has nothing to do with search engine algorithm but allowing readers to read more on what you want!
Google Panda Alogortim relates with page loading time of website, the more links the more connections, one can check how many connection a single web page is making before appearing within web browser through "disconnect" add on of chrome or firefox, then page speed test, links to other websites or same website take same amount of time and call back time before particular page load and perhaps that single reason compelled administrator to remove interlinking of article, am not sure I just writing in anticipation.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Exactly. The purpose of interlinking is to providing an opportunity to the reader to have more in depth knowledge about the author"s article
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.