The topic is locked.
Here's a link which says social media makes us less productive and more creative... click here http://www.blogher.com/whoa-social-media-changes-our-brain?from=comments

I agree to this that social media does lessen our productivity and also mars the quality of work. Even in many organizations, social networking sites are blocked..but does it still stop or prevent people from using social media. Now every one owns a smart phone with internet connectivity. So blocking sites in office doesn't really help. What is your take on this issue?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Here's a link which says social media makes us less productive and more creative... click here http://www.blogher.com/whoa-social-media-changes-our-brain?from=comments

I agree to this that social media does lessen our productivity and also mars the quality of work. Even in many organizations, social networking sites are blocked..but does it still stop or prevent people from using social media. Now every one owns a smart phone with internet connectivity. So blocking sites in office doesn't really help. What is your take on this issue?

In my case Social media has boosted my productivity and sharpened my creativity. I do not believe in using the work place connectivity.

In my case Social media has boosted my productivity and sharpened my creativity. I do not believe in using the work place connectivity.

Partly true in my case too..without using social media or other similar sites, I would not come to know about Boddunan or other similar sites. But, while working in an IT giant, I never really used social media not even through my phone..because it does distract me.

Partly true in my case too..without using social media or other similar sites, I would not come to know about Boddunan or other similar sites. But, while working in an IT giant, I never really used social media not even through my phone..because it does distract me.

In my case it's fully true because the social media connection paved way for many private jobs which keeps me occupied all the day.

In my case it's fully true because the social media connection paved way for many private jobs which keeps me occupied all the day.

Okay so for you access to social media has done more good. Well, we need to see what others have to say about this.

Okay so for you access to social media has done more good. Well, we need to see what others have to say about this.

One thing is for certain. Those who use work place connectivity just for the thrill derived from social media will certainly lose their office productivity. This fact I know. That's why I make my own arrangement to get the best of two worlds.

One thing is for certain. Those who use work place connectivity just for the thrill derived from social media will certainly lose their office productivity. This fact I know. That's why I make my own arrangement to get the best of two worlds.

Yes, that is why certain organizations completely shut out internet access and it is given only on a project basis. Ideally as Instructional Designers, we needed access to internet while working, but for those who do programming and all, they weren't allowed to use internet. But I also feel we internet to get access to news and other sites which help us in furthering our knowledge.

Yes, that is why certain organizations completely shut out internet access and it is given only on a project basis. Ideally as Instructional Designers, we needed access to internet while working, but for those who do programming and all, they weren't allowed to use internet. But I also feel we internet to get access to news and other sites which help us in furthering our knowledge.

Even for furthering and updating my knowledge I use my own computer and I Pad. Because of my not using office connection, I'm very forward in office productivity which makes my Boss happy.

Even for furthering and updating my knowledge I use my own computer and I Pad. Because of my not using office connection, I'm very forward in office productivity which makes my Boss happy.

In Infosys..we weren't allowed to carry our own laptop for security issues, certainly we had no choice but to use computer to work. But work related research is and was always encouraged.

In Infosys..we weren't allowed to carry our own laptop for security issues, certainly we had no choice but to use computer to work. But work related research is and was always encouraged.

INFOSYS is justified. Narayana muthy has his own set of work culture that made it a giant in IT sphere.

INFOSYS is justified. Narayana muthy has his own set of work culture that made it a giant in IT sphere.

Yes, but again in Accenture, people can freely access internet. But the point is internet access should be given and it is okay if social media is blocked at work place..I believe one should concentrate on work rather than updating status on social media..be it any such site.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.