Yeah, I am talking about Television and its Program. Tune the channel and see, whether it is reality shows or laughter show or Award shows. The cheap talk and cheap action are going on. The double meaning dialogues and action, male actor in female dress doing all cheap acting are really frustrating to watch. Interestingly, these are the shows and types of shows are in demand! It says that what they show is what audience wants. Really! Have we become so cheap?

So, members please discuss it here and share your point of view. Before that I would like to mention it here that it is my personal thinking and I have not posted this thread to hurt anyone’s feeling here. 

Regards

Jeets

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with you, everything has become too cheap especially the news channels conducting debate shows are entirely biased as if working on paid stories. Every anchor can talk on almost every topic with as much confidence as he is the leader of a particular political party.

similarly, the serials repeat so much and air so many adverts besides being absolutely nonsense in their presentation.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is not true of all channels since I find BBC, Discovery, National Geographic and some English serials very good ...As long as you watch selectively, you need not call it an idiot box. When you spend all your free time in front of the TV watching anything and everything that comes your way, there is a problem.Instead if we watch a few good programs it actually entertains us and also helps us gain knowledge. TV caters to every taste and it depends on us as to how we use it. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It's not true in all TV channels. If most of the channels are trash, it doesn't mean all are cheap boxes.

Yes... We have now so many changes in TV programs too in compare to past. As other said not all channels are like that. But yes TV programs and ads have get totally different colour. 

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

With due respect to Usha, if we have to watch Indian news then BBC will not serve the purpose. Similarly, Discovery, National Geographic etc are good channels but they include too little from India.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

UnlikeLike  other times, Broadcasting is controlled by a body, which checks Broadcasting content from the ministry of information and broadcasting. Additionally, international news agencies like BBC have separate channels for different countries. BBC Asia covers a lot of events about India.

suni51 wrote:

I agree with you, everything has become too cheap especially the news channels conducting debate shows are entirely biased as if working on paid stories. Every anchor can talk on almost every topic with as much confidence as he is the leader of a particular political party.

similarly, the serials repeat so much and air so many adverts besides being absolutely nonsense in their presentation.

I agree. When we talk of Idiot Box, we mean Indian channels.  Most of the channels are just too dull and in bad taste.  The news channels are also no more news channels but just biased propaganda. In discussions, the anchors act very strangely and not as mediator. Nobody can understand what the participants say as they all speak simultaneously.    .  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Most of the channels in our country, from north to south, show boring programs, with an overflow of advertisements. News channels give little relief, but again they disappoint us with cheap discussions where nobody knows what the participants are talking. Discovery, English movies, Sports, etc., rescue us from this crisis to some extent. And of course, the remote is in our hand.      

Which is why, we should not generalize that all TV channels are rubbish. There are many international TV CHANNELS with Asian and Indian versions which are really exceptions.

suni51 wrote:

With due respect to Usha, if we have to watch Indian news then BBC will not serve the purpose. Similarly, Discovery, National Geographic etc are good channels but they include too little from India.

I know that BBC does not cover all news items ...However, there are enough number of Indian news channels that serve the purpose .In fact Discovery and NG have many many episodes based n India and I have learnt a lot about our culture and tradition from these channels.If you watch them regularly you will know...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.