Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The figures can be warped and I know it since government school teachers go collecting the data and I have done it for 2011 census.Many a times we get false data esp in minority homes.We get to see several people in the house and the count given is about one particular family in that household .You ask the neighbors and they say there are more than 15 people living there whereas we get only half the number. I have a feeling that the others either do not come under the census data which is actually not good for them because their names are missing from the census sheet.They don't even realise that by hiding the fact they are losing out in other ways because a census covers not just religious sects but other things like economic status and social status...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I know it for sure, the government of UP under Mayavati regime declared 22 districts as Minority Bahulya (majority) districts years before but the census data declared now shows these districts have 40 to 50% Muslims years later. The population of India is far greater than what the census data has on record. And as all the data has not yet been declared there is lot more yet to come. As far the census is a regular feature, yes it is but the one done in 2011 was given a name and reason and the questionnaire was altogether different from previous ones.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

usha manohar wrote:

The figures can be warped and I know it since government school teachers go collecting the data and I have done it for 2011 census.Many a times we get false data esp in minority homes.We get to see several people in the house and the count given is about one particular family in that household .You ask the neighbors and they say there are more than 15 people living there whereas we get only half the number. I have a feeling that the others either do not come under the census data which is actually not good for them because their names are missing from the census sheet.They don't even realise that by hiding the fact they are losing out in other ways because a census covers not just religious sects but other things like economic status and social status...

I know the data collected by the enumerators is not correct. the reason for this is not only the people also the Enumerators. In the far flung regions, the village head gives the data on behalf of the villagers. And the enumerators want to fill their registers.

We have certain areas where no employees from electric, revenue, measurement, or even police department dare to enter, I am hundred percent sure no census surveyor entered in those areas. That made all the difference. We have big slum areas in NCR housing millions Bangladeshis mostly working as scrap pickers and rickshaw pullers, here again, I am sure they are out of the census report too.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

So, it all contributes to the fact that census data  and reality are poles apart. I too lived in far flung regions which are not accessible by any mode of transportation. Enumerators have to wade through the rivulets to reach a place assigned to them. That's why, most of them are not in a position to collect the data.

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I know the data collected by the enumerators is not correct. the reason for this is not only the people also the Enumerators. In the far flung regions, the village head gives the data on behalf of the villagers. And the enumerators want to fill their registers.

From my experience, we try to reach each and every village assigned to us and do not take the figures provided by the village head since we are supposed to write down many details per each household which is near impossible for a village head to provide.But I can also believe that it is not impossible to add your own data , which may be the case in some places ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

While agreeing with what you said, I added my own experience. At one particular census time I was posted in a village that was adopted by Vizag steel plant for observing conditions for building a small clinic. It was a far flung village that cannot be reached easily. I could reach the village by a car provided by my employers.

During this time an enumerator came to collect the data. The villagers were so illiterate that they were not in a position to understand what the enumerator was asking. The vexed enumerator called me requested to me to collect the data. I helped him by providing what the villagers told me. The fact part of it is not known to me. The enumerator simply collected the data and gone.

rambabu wrote:

If the percentage of Hindus dip, let the government that has a Hindu majority think of measures and implement  that would increase the percentage of Hindus.

The Hindus are nearing 100 crore and a slighyt difference in growth populatin cannot 

convert them to minority. Really the issue is that Muslims are still backward and in low jobs owing to less education and skill. Govt. has done a lot to enhance status of Hindu scheduled castes but practically nothing fro Muslims. There is genuine need to implement sachar committe report

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

We need more efforts to see the population Balance is maintained. Creation of vote Banks to lure minorities should be completely curbed.

How does one do that ? One cannot change the attitude of the politicians ...The only factor that might help in controlling the population is spread of education and awareness ..But the problem is that Religious leaders play spoil sport by misleading the masses and it is very difficult to convince them against their own religious beliefs which mainly comes from the community leaders ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.