Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I too do not view movies basing on the reviews in the media. I watch some old movies in theater. My children are who have become elders are allowed to whatever they like. No restrictions whatsoever.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Blame it on the media who got people addicted to stories and gossips of the celebrities' lives in return for money. As long as there is a large fan following of the stars who ae ready to lap up each and every tidbit about films and stars, we are bound to see such hype. If we don't like it, just skip those pages and change the channels!

Now a days I see that ll top stars birthdays are announced by the media as if it is breaking news ! LOL....I guess they have enough viewers who are waiting to know such details ! In a way I feel sorry for them because they have absolutely no privacy at all. The media can be quite a nuisance and insensitive at times ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Blame it on the media who got people addicted to stories and gossips of the celebrities' lives in return for money. As long as there is a large fan following of the stars who ae ready to lap up each and every tidbit about films and stars, we are bound to see such hype. If we don't like it, just skip those pages and change the channels!

Now a days I see that ll top stars birthdays are announced by the media as if it is breaking news ! LOL....I guess they have enough viewers who are waiting to know such details ! In a way I feel sorry for them because they have absolutely no privacy at all. The media can be quite a nuisance and insensitive at times ..

There is also another trend that has started on many channels now. The daily soap operas are also now being treated as if they are events from real life and the constant new twists in the story are being broadcast under heading of Breaking News. One wonders how these actors and actresses adapt to the real life once shooting is over. Here in Maharashtra, all the Marathi soaps cast also come together and celebrate all the festivals along with families from their ree life, I only wonder how difficult or easy they find it to do the same with their real families! One daily soap even celebrated the reel-life marriage of leading couple in a real manner, a mega event where even common people were invited! It seems as if the virtual and the real worlds have finally started merging tgether, with what consequences, God only knows.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That is laughable ! Its all so glitzy and artificial Kalyani, other than Ashoka I don;t see any serials and even that seems a bit overdone now ! Even festivals have become part of the show,during Ganesh fest one could see Salman dancing on any page you opened on the net ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

That is laughable ! Its all so glitzy and artificial Kalyani, other than Ashoka I don;t see any serials and even that seems a bit overdone now ! Even festivals have become part of the show,during Ganesh fest one could see Salman dancing on any page you opened on the net ..

Yeah Usha, it has become so silly and laughable now. I have given up seeing all the daily soaps, hardly ever see them, although some programmes on the Epic channel are really good. I liked watching Ekaant and Sanrachna, both are about old forts and palaces. while Ekaant deals with the history of the place, Sanrachna is about the unique architectures of those places. Good watch. Other than that, I am enjoying watching the new Hum aapke ghar me rehte hai on Sab TV, it is a bit different than others and enjoyable, clean fun.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True. Epic channel is one channel which I too watch regularly. There no scope for exaggeration  in this channel which depict heritage spots of India. This type of channels are very good for children. In SAB channel, i find hilarious episodes in Tarak Mehta ka oolta chashma. It helps in rejuvenating a tired soul after a hard day's work.

The Page3 part of the newspapers are basically horrible. I don't know what the media want to induce among the people. Socialites and film stars have been lifted to such a great position which is absolutely unacceptable. Talking about their dating, live-in to what not as if there lives are the gospel for us.

shampasaid

A news paper always  creates a sort of sensation so that it can boost up its sales. There is no other intention except this. And  it is succeeding in its efforts. Because there are lot of takers.

Yes, the newspapers through such news items are marketing their product while the takers are simply spoiling their time which is so valuable. 

shampasaid

Ahaha. takers do not know the value of time. That the time is precious you know, I know except these time waters.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.