This article indicates that the genetics is the reason for women loving shopping or window shopping more than men. Women take longer time to buy a simple item, while men will buy 10 different things within that much time. They don't like to waste time on shopping much, while women enjoy shopping. According to the researchers, genes has naturally made women to llove to shop while men to hate it. 

Read this article - http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/DyeHard/women-love-shop-men-dont-blame-evolution/story?id=9281875

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Interesting topic, but times have changed and men also window shop. The problem is men have lesser time to spare than woman. Incidentally a working woman may not do much of window shopping.

Traditionally, the women have been just house wives. Window shopping is a way to leave home for a change. Men have always been considered bread winner and they remain all day outside home. So, they will go to shop only if necessary unlike women for whom shopping is a habit and hobby. Now more women are employed and so things are changing.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

MG Singh wrote:

Interesting topic, but times have changed and men also window shop. The problem is men have lesser time to spare than woman. Incidentally a working woman may not do much of window shopping.

yeah, in comparison to women, men shops very often the only reason is that men have less time then women

bhuyali saroj

I am not sure what cross section of people have contributed towards this statistics...Personally speaking I normally dont like window shopping, if at all I may do so with friends and family. I shop only when I have something to buy and I have seen scores of men and women hanging around the malls window shopping or simply whiling away their time, makes me wonder, dont they have anything better to do , in the middle of the day ! Each one to his/her own..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shopping is a chance for ladies to go outside.  Sitting inside the house always is boring. House wives are rare opportunity to go outside. Doing shopping is a craze for some ladies. Therefore they are ready to go to market everyday to buy vegetables and groceries. But those ladies who are not interested in shopping buy and store things for one or two weeks. 

Women usually decide through the heart and thus evaluate more while men are focused on need buying as a duty to be performed in shortest possible time. However if expenditures are very large men also take much more time.

Yes, that's true.. I have seen most of the men love to shop for electronic items and gadgets. 

I have seen as well many women don't like window shopping and the main reason is lack of time as window shopping consumes more time than required. Now a days women have to manage both house work and job as well, its very difficult to find the time for shopping. Also online shopping has become a trend which saves lot of time. 

I never enjoyed or indulged into window shopping although I love to shop whenever required. Now it's a Mall culture and love birds are always found there even on weekends young married couples can be seen hoping around. So, it's not only women but men too go for window shopping.

shampasaid

I personally don't involves in any kind of shopping whether it is window shopping or online shopping. My mother shop for me and sometimes my maternal uncle shop for me. 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.