Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

She could have shown courage then and help stop the corruption. What is the point in telling it after so many years. Keeping quiet when one should talk is also an act of accomplice.

Possibly so, but in the light of what her party and its leaders represents her deeds dont really matter ! If she feels the need to come out with the truth like so many others before her it is a step in the right direction..In fact she has been speaking against issues within the party since a long time and had lost favor with the madame because of her straight forward nature ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

When had she spoken against issues that led to her alleged estrangement with Sonis. It is news. Can you substatntiate. 

usha manohar wrote:

Margaret Alva was in fact steadily demoted after she started speaking out her mind to the press, so it is not as if she has been silent nor been an opportunist. I think she was a great admirer of Manmohan Singh which made her put up with a lot within the party. Now when she is out if it all, if she decided to write down her memories there is no morality involved. In fact the people she had written about should do some introspection about their own deeds  since so many under them are coming up with almost similar revelations..

I am agree with you that nothing is wrong in writing her memories but if she wrote wrong deed of other leader than what is the purpose of it. If she speak at write time than it was better. From your views looking that is honest one but she choosedwrong party.

May be news to you ..

In November 2008, Alva said that Congress seats for the elections in Karnataka were open to bidders rather than subject to meritocratic appointment. Congress denied her claims and a meeting with the party president, Sonia Gandhi resulted in Alva resigning or being removed from her numerous official responsibilities in the party.[10] Subsequently, Alva patched up her differences with Congress leadership. She has declined to go into details of the 2008 controversy even as her resignation letter continues to be a subject of media speculation.[11]

(source -Wikipedia )

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

May be news to you ..

In November 2008, Alva said that Congress seats for the elections in Karnataka were open to bidders rather than subject to meritocratic appointment. Congress denied her claims and a meeting with the party president, Sonia Gandhi resulted in Alva resigning or being removed from her numerous official responsibilities in the party.[10] Subsequently, Alva patched up her differences with Congress leadership. She has declined to go into details of the 2008 controversy even as her resignation letter continues to be a subject of media speculation.[11]

(source -Wikipedia )

After all it how she stayed in congress? Honesty is not an attributes for congress.

"Subsequently she had patched up her differences with Congress leadership." So she again made up and why expose now. Her candidates were perhaps not selected so she reacted in anger. Now what day you?

Braking up and Making up is part of life, more o in political life, does not mean one approves or agrees one hundred percent. Given the kind of background Margaret Alva comes from and the respect and status they enjoy, I doubt if she would curry favors of any kin. her three sons have their own business with two brothers doing very well with a nature and environment documentary production company ..So, none of them are into politics ! Of course just to downgrade her , one can go on speculating , but it wont work since the people accused are all scamsters of the worst kind and she has done the right thing in exposing them.

If you are hell bent in coming to protect her and refuse to see the logic in enjoying perks and then backstabbing because one's candidates were not accommodated I rest my case. Too much of inflexibility is not going to lead anywhere.

Vice versa, I say the same when you are hell bent on making her out to be something that she is not in your endeavor to protect the scam party, one can see only inflexibility , not going to lead anywhere !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.