Just now came across this article and wanted to share with you all. These days everyone is spending so much money on the weddings. Is it not an unnecessary show of pomp and luxury? The amount can be well spent in so many other and more beneficial way. One such example is set by Abhay and Preethi.

I would not say to completely do away with the festivities but yes we all could definitely keep aside a part of the money and help the needy. This is the least bit we can do or rather we should do and give back to the society and the less privileged. 

https://social.yourstory.com/2016/07/couple-choose-small-wedding/

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Divya, while providing a link article in your thread, don't forget to  press ENTER after giving the link. Any how I could get the link.

Now coming to the Topic, I cannot but commend the exemplary deed by Abhay and Prreti. By drastically reducing their Marriage expenditure, they could save an amount of  3 lakhs. This amount was utilized  for donating to indebted Farmer Families.

Here is the Link

https://social.yourstory.com/2016/07/couple-choose-small-wedding/

Sure Sir. Thank you. Will do that next time. :)

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

Sure Sir. Thank you. Will do that next time. :)

Welcome. Go ahead. I appreciate you for such a good Article.  After seeing this example set by this young couple It's clear now marriages can be performed sans Fanfare and Glitz and Glamor.

Many young educated and more importantly evolved couple go in for simple marriages, often at the registrar's and a small reception for close family and friends. Even if they don't donate the money to others , they are saving expenditure for their parents and also funding their own future life ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This is a young couple with most emancipated thoughts. Seeing the heavy expenditure involved in marriages and other functions spent  in India, every year, which was estimated to be over Rs. One Lakh crore, Abhay was startled and decided to end this meaningless expenditure.

Another such incident that happened later, when Abhay met Pranab Mukherjee, our President, further strengthened Abhay's thought of ending this Social evil. When the president wished Abhay to become an agent of Socio- economic change, Abhay and Preeti were influenced by the President's message, and decided to bring a Social change by leading through example..

It is this bent of mind that led the couple to opt for a low profile wedding.

Thank you said by: Divya
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.