Social activist Irom Sharmila was fighting with government, and tried in election this time, but she got only 90 votes against C. M.  O. Ibobi Singh.

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/assembly-elections/manipur/manipur-election-results-2017-irom-sharmila-gets-only-90-votes/articleshow/57591943.cms

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Oh... I did   not know. After BJP's big victory in UP, I lost interest in other States election news

The media went overboard with her . One could clearly see that she was most unsuitable to lead a party,  leave alone a state ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You mean Iromei is unsuitable ? I think Manipur was a hung result, if I am n mistaken.

Oh I missed this news as I was busy watching UP election results but I feel very sorry for Irom Sharmila for 16 yrs she fought individually against AFSPA just for the people of Manipur but unfortunately it seems they do not recognize her as their leader.

Irome of Manipur was defeated badly because she was not a suitable candidate.

KIRAN wrote:

Oh I missed this news as I was busy watching UP election results but I feel very sorry for Irom Sharmila for 16 yrs she fought individually against AFSPA just for the people of Manipur but unfortunately it seems they do not recognize her as their leader.

Irom Sharmila is an activist and her fasting for 16 years to remove the AFSPA act is highly commendable. But one cannot lead a party or state based on just one issue. She is an idealist and one need to be a strategist to be successful politician.

jabeen wrote:
KIRAN wrote:

Irom Sharmila is an activist and her fasting for 16 years to remove the AFSPA act is highly commendable. But one cannot lead a party or state based on just one issue. She is an idealist and one need to be a strategist to be successful politician.

Exactly my feelings, you have expressed it spot on ..Her poor performance shows that today's selfish age and times are not meant for self sacrificing people who put others interest above their own . To lead one needs to be a leader and also have a commanding personality without which it is difficult to survive..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
KIRAN wrote:

Exactly my feelings, you have expressed it spot on ..Her poor performance shows that today's selfish age and times are not meant for self sacrificing people who put others interest above their own . To lead one needs to be a leader and also have a commanding personality without which it is difficult to survive..

This is sad but it is a hard reality that self sacrificing people receive pity from many but are not given a chance to prove their mettle in some responsible roles. Sadly, in the same manner Irom Sharmila too got ignored in this election.   

shampasaid

In these day politics is not easy thing. It wants hug money and much more. She was on fast for last 16 years how can she arrange all these. To be success in politics she much be prepare ground for it.

I feel that with little better strategy she could have performed better in this election. The first mistake she made was regarding her choice of constituency. She could have selected one where people know her better and not just as an icon of anti AFSPA activist. She chose the home town of O. Ibobi, the chief Minister as a direct challenge to him. Though labelled as a corrupted minister, Ibobi has done much for his hometown. He has ensured that people in his constituency get all the basic amenities. In fact his constituency is more developed than the state capital. In such situation, sharmila found it difficult to convince the voters with her vague talk.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.