That is the impression most foreigners carry with them after they visit India. One of my friends from Germany asked me why do people scream and shout all the time ? and why do they get so excited and lose their temper and cool regarding the smallest of issues? 

When I thought about it, I realised that she was right ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Why only foreigners? I think all with little bit of civic and common sense feel the same. And this shouting habit is not limited to uneducated but even some highly educated people indulge in this. In fact, most people have no tolerance, understanding and value of good work. I can go to extent and say that some people are too selfish who would want to see things their way, beg borrow or steal, what is shouting or screaming for them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I notice that the same Indians living abroad behave a little better although all the settlements with Indian majority are known to be unruly and noisy. You can hear the blare of vehicles , loud music etc regardless of whether it is a residential area or market area.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51, Shampa Sadhya
suni51 wrote:

Why only foreigners? I think all with little bit of civic and common sense feel the same. And this shouting habit is not limited to uneducated but even some highly educated people indulge in this. In fact, most people have no tolerance, understanding and value of good work. I can go to extent and say that some people are too selfish who would want to see things their way, beg borrow or steal, what is shouting or screaming for them.

I can totally relate to this because there are two families in our building, on the same floor as mine who are less educated than us and very quarrelsome people. No other families in the building talk to them at all as they have viciously fought with every one on the most trivial issues. So they resorted to terrorizing our children play in the open area downstairs. They are extremely loud and uncouth people. And now that I thought of your friends' observation, I realised that majority of the people in India are exactly that. Probably the rise of freedom of expression to all and sundry has motivated the people to express themselves in the most loud manner possible!Grin

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think Indians shout more domestically & in groups of friends or in company with their teams just because there is lack of communication skills that is needed.

There is a lack of reasoning, logic & sound understanding which is why people resort to shouting & screaming to let the other person accept his or her point.

Not sure whether India is the only Country though, I believe that Countries like Pakistan, Middle east, China, Koreans also have this habit.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: usha manohar
epraneeth77 wrote:

I think Indians shout more domestically & in groups of friends or in company with their teams just because there is lack of communication skills that is needed.

There is a lack of reasoning, logic & sound understanding which is why people resort to shouting & screaming to let the other person accept his or her point.

Not sure whether India is the only Country though, I believe that Countries like Pakistan, Middle east, China, Koreans also have this habit.

Chinese and Koreans are way more disciplined than what you think, Middle Eastern countries are not bad either and Pakistanis are better than Indians  especially when nationalism is at stake. Sorry to say but we, the Indians divided into multiple religions thoughts and political beliefs are perhaps the worst. Just look at the Indians settled abroad, they transform entirely and forget their differences with fellow Indians settled there.    

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

We are definitely a screaming nations. In general, Indians do not feel ashamed of raising their voice when communicating with others. Even the Indian law makers do not feel ashame of showing their unruly behaviour.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Actually Chinese are quite excitable but they are not noisy and indisciplined in public nor do they misbehave like many Indians do . Destroying public property , using public places , littering and messing it up with utter disregard is probably done only in India from.what I have seen. All others have a lot of pride in their city and country and make sure that it is maintained and cared for .

Thank you said by: jabeen, Kalyani Nandurkar, suni51

It because of soft democracy which country adopt after freedom. After that time it was right thing but at it is time when some restrection must be imposed on freedom. 9 thousand case withdrawn by government in J&K from the stone throughing peoples. During  Jat azitation in Haryana people peoples burns property of brillion rupess they are also demanding that cases must be lifted from us. 

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, usha manohar

In month of February my father in laws was admitted in ICU during his last days. I found two ladies giggling and talking out loud outside the ICU. It was quite odd. They were hushed hushed a few times by the attendant. They gave a very dirty look to the attendant as if their birth right was taken away!!

I do not see a sense how you can crack a joke and laugh outside ICU. They could speak well refined English and so we can not blame literacy here. It is lack of civic sense and the abuse of freedom.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

There is no doubt that we are a screaming nation. I can give you many examples but for now let me give one. Recently, there was a marriage in my neighbourhood. Two days prior to the D-day the family started their celebration but at the odd hour. At around eleven in the night they played loud music at the rooftop and it continued till two. They danced and screamed but never bothered about other flatmates and their problems. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.