Generally speaking , I lfeel that unsolicited advice  loses its value. However , people are free with their advise  in our society and most of the time advise comez unwanted and unasked for , quite annoying and irritating ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is very common and human attributes to give suggestion with out asking for it. It is common to advice about health problems.

It's difficult to stop anybody from doing so. It can be annoying at many times but it is what it is. The simple fact is that people cannot be stopped and they feel that it is their right to poke nose in each and every matter.

I agree, the fact is that we are advise giving society. We have a specific advise for all occasion which comes for free and generously and the worst part is that the most of those advises are not worth or have any realistic base behind them. But we have them a plenty for sure coming from all wanted or unwanted sources to the point when you feel like running away from the source.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I had written blog on unsolicited advises and suggestions that keep pouring in India. It was for 4indianwomen.com. Now the site is no more there, so I can not share it here. Indians are more prone to pour in their suggestions even when not asked for.  

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Your post reminded me once again of a situation in the book Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. The character in the book, when they are making preparations for the boat trip, remarks that when he sees people trying to get something finished and there is a lot of work, it is extremely hard to resist putting your hands in your pockets and making suggestions incessantly to others how to go about finishing that task. It was quite funny but when someone does that in real life, you have to do everything to restrain yourself from picking up something at hand and hitting it hard on the head of the one giving unsolicited advise.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
Arunima Singh wrote:

I had written blog on unsolicited advises and suggestions that keep pouring in India. It was for 4indianwomen.com. Now the site is no more there, so I can not share it here. Indians are more prone to pour in their suggestions even when not asked for.  

Yes Indian are habitual of giving suggestion, it is not important that some one ask for it. Every Indian have treasure of suggestions and  have enough time to suggest.

Yogita wrote:

People do keep giving suggestions but we can't refrain someone from doing so.

Yes we are living is democracy, So every one have right to speak what they wants.

We have the right to give suggestions but we do have to see whether the person is receiving it or welcoming it. Many a times people cross the personal space and make everyone feel uncomfortable.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

We have the right to give suggestions but we do have to see whether the person is receiving it or welcoming it. Many a times people cross the personal space and make everyone feel uncomfortable.

That's it! Unless it is asked for, one should refrain from giving advise ! Of course, unless and until the person is close to you and is on the verge of doing something that will go wrong, then only you should give unsolicited advise.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

That's it! Unless it is asked for, one should refrain from giving advise ! Of course, unless and until the person is close to you and is on the verge of doing something that will go wrong, then only you should give unsolicited advise.

If some asked for suggestion than no problem. But it also right that before giving any suggestion we must be consider our relation with person. If we have strong bonding that person will not feel uncomfortable with our suggestion.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.