The Indian Cricket Captain earns about 1.3 crore per year apart from bonus from BCCI.His earnings from his association with Chennai Super Kings is Rs6 crore per year.He has over 20 brands and he earns Rs3.4 -4.5 crore per ad.

The Chess Maestro Viswanathan Anand gets nothing from All India Chess Federation.His recent win has fetched a prize money of Rs.4.5 crore and in his long career spanning 20 years he has earned approximately 30 crore.He has two brands NIIT and AMD.He is also the global ambassador of the Spastic Society Of India.

Now you draw your own conclusion while thinking about the disparity in earnings!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
shocking...

No one should allowed to earn that much in one season. It is a crime. More money make more laziness.
Cricket has so much popularity and passion in India. So the ads for cricketers are very common.

If live chess match is telecast, very few will watch it. And if cricket match is telecast, crores of people will watch it.

Cool information and hot earnings @
http://bit.ly/cbOLIy
@Rakesh,

I have nothing to say on the desirability of this kind disparity that is I am not judgemental on this. I am just highlighting this glaring disparity.
Always people should be responsible if anything good happening or bad happening around us.

Dhoni is getting lot many advertises because out of 100 crore people 10 crore people love to watch cricket.\

So advertisers like to take Dhoni for there products instead of any other players from other games
Fool people watch the cricket many of which results are already decided.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid,

A very nice take on the subject.Cricket in India has become synonymous with scams and scandals.
I remember the saying "11 fools are playing and 11,000 fools are watching". Even if so many scandals come in cricket, people will not stop watching it.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
That is most tragi-comic part of it.It is true these scandals and scams seem to make it more popular!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.