Four months after country’s worst aviation disaster in a decade that killed 158 people onboard, the families of the victims of Air India Express 812 find themselves in the midst of a battle for compensation.

Crash victims allege Air India and the Reliance-led insurance consortium are putting pressure on victims to accept a settlement based on the income of the deceased. That means the insurance companies have to pay only a little amount as most families are from low-income groups.

Hassanabba lost his wife and three children, all non-earning members, in the fatal crash. He has been asked to furnish an income certificate. "They are telling me to settle for Rs 5 or 10 lakh, but Union Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel had promised we would get Rs 76 lakh," he said.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is really a pathetic situation.Please share your views.
This is very bad!!!

This should not be the situation.. :( :(

I think the victims should file case against them.. :(

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Money can never compensate the lost lives. But,atleast it would be helpful for the victims family. :(
The politicians and other higher authorities always fail to keep up their promises. I thought it would happen only in case of election campaigns. :(
Hurt someone first then heal them....

sorry minister, either you gives them 8 lakhs or 76....

they have lost whom they loves most, you are only responsible for that.....

One day you would get back - whatever happens because of you....
That is true as Harshil stated...I too think it is very bad.. :(
That's really strange! Why Ambanis are always in the news for all the wrong reasons.They have earned a lot of notoriety as despicable manipulators!
You know what, I have lost my belief in this government and indian constitution,

we are feeding our corrupted politicians,

our rich people like ambani, who are getting more rich my destroying our life by opening reliance fresh and other shops

and also man of our enemies (40 crores man, 40 crores we have spend on feeding one single man).......
36_1_28-20100917.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
They don't mind gifting planes to their children on their birth days and plot to deny the poor victims of their rightful compensation!! Cry my countrymen,Cry!!
I am already crying............. boohoo boo hoo why did we vote them
36_1_5-20100917-2.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.