Looking at many absurdities in our country one thing always strikes mind that these are not without followers or champion and Oliver Goldsmith quotes readily comes to my mind!Which is titled in this thread!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Good Morning to all of you! No reply yet! If you take a look at some of the ideas be these political or social-however odd these look, you would always find people blindly accepting and following the person or persons preaching these!
This is indeed a quote that perfectly most of our so-called welfare programmes run by our governments!!

The greatest absurdity in my opinion is that we call our selves a fair democracy and yet we are riddled by ruthless systems such as khaap panchayats !

Another absurdity is that we have thousands of posts in our governments organisations which are vacant and kept away from deserving candidates simply because the deserving candidates do not belong to any scheduled caste or backward class!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]
Another absurdity is that we have thousands of posts in our governments organisations which are vacant and kept away from deserving candidates simply because the deserving candidates do not belong to any scheduled caste or backward class![/quote]

I don't agree with this.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid, it is a true fact and the statistics are openly published in many newspapers from time to time!! It is sad but true! Few of my own friends have experienced this!

Yes Kalyani.We feel sad as we are facing this in our life.At the same time in past our ancestors were laughing against the ancestors of these reserved categories denying all jobs and employments to them.Why don't you think back?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid, I respect your sentiments but that was in the past! Thinking only of the past and then trying to exact revenge by not giving jobs to higher class candidates is only arresting the progress of the country!

Again, it is all of us who suffer because of this attitude, it does not matter that we belong to a particular caste or not. By keeping the necesaary and important posts vacant is only adding to miseries of life for everyone in general.

Absolutely correct. Whatever you say or do will find favor with some one. There are some people who love to support what others oppose and oppose what others support.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thanks Kalyani and Gulshan for your views! In India how many left parties are there! I lose count! But all they subscribe to leftist ideology and have their own outfits and followers!
Absurdity, good word indeed, had to check dictionary to understand this word.. :P
Thanks Chinmoy and Gulshan! Again, whatever ideology these leftist aprties are always preaching is the same ideology that they ignore and do not follow! This itself is enough to demonstrate the meaning of the word Absurdity!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.