Have you ever been in such a funny situation ever - The other day when I was teaching my students, I suddenly forgot the spelling of "first". I thought it was "frist" and not "first". I wrote "frist". It was embarrassing to know that I misspelt it when I referred. I was very uncomfortable checking for the right spelling in front of the students.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am very poor in spellings. My handwriting is very poor as well. Now I don't write and instead use only computer key board. The spell check in word system is of great help. Now poor hand writing is also no issue. But when I wrote, poor handwriting was also an advantage. Even if I spelled wrong, nobody would find this out obviously because of poor handwriting. This was a blessing in disguise.

I remember an anecdote. I retired voluntarily government job and commenced share broker business.in 1991. I hired a cabin in Sanjay Place, a prominent business area in Agra. I was given facility of a computer typist. I gave him something to type. He typed wrongly and on questioning he blamed my poor handwriting. Then i wrote in capital letters and again he failed. Then I gave him a dictation and he again failed. Then I told him that not my poor handwriting but his bad English was culprit.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Have you ever been in such a funny situation ever - The other day when I was teaching my students, I suddenly forgot the spelling of "first". I thought it was "frist" and not "first". I wrote "frist". It was embarrassing to know that I misspelt it when I referred. I was very uncomfortable checking for the right spelling in front of the students.

Not only me. all of us at one time or other passed through this stage. But i affirm there is nothing wrong in checking for the right spelling., even in the presence of your students. Rather i feel the students will take a cue out of your deed. They learn the lesson that one should go to any length to grab the right thing
I am very poor in spellings. My handwriting is very poor as well. Now I don't write and instead use only computer key board. The spell check in word system is of great help. Now poor hand writing is also no issue. But when I wrote, poor handwriting was also an advantage. Even if I spelled wrong, nobody would find this out obviously because of poor handwriting. This was a blessing in disguise.

I remember an anecdote. I retired voluntarily government job and commenced share broker business.in 1991. I hired a cabin in Sanjay Place, a prominent business area in Agra. I was given facility of a computer typist. I gave him something to type. He typed wrongly and on questioning he blamed my poor handwriting. Then i wrote in capital letters and again he failed. Then I gave him a dictation and he again failed. Then I told him that not my poor handwriting but his bad English was culprit.

What you mentioned in your first paragraph about not being able to find the spelling mistakes is a joke I heard at many places on TV and read in various newspapers and magazines. So you have literally lived that joke :laugh:
And yes, it was good reading about your firsthand experience with the dictation.

What you mentioned in your first paragraph about not being able to find the spelling mistakes is a joke I heard at many places on TV and read in various newspapers and magazines. So you have literally lived that joke :laugh:
And yes, it was good reading about your firsthand experience with the dictation.

Really, I am not joking. Many colleagues would make joke with me. I got first position in an exam. My friends joked that the examiner could not read well and hence gave more marks giving me benefit of doubt.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Really, I am not joking. Many colleagues would make joke with me. I got first position in an exam. My friends joked that the examiner could not read well and hence gave more marks giving me benefit of doubt.

Here is one more about bad handwriting.
Doctors are well known for their illegible handwriting. My friend used to joke," A doctor's prescription can be used as a bus pass, a recommendation letter and a character certificate in a job interview.".Though there is an exaggeration. i could grasp the spirit of the joke.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I know that you are not joking. But I was wondering how life gives us all the good and the bad experiences. And yes, there are some amusing and spicy experiences as well.

Doctors are well known for their illegible handwriting. My friend used to joke," A doctor's prescription can be used as a bus pass, a recommendation letter and a character certificate in a job interview.".Though there is an exaggeration. i could grasp the spirit of the joke.

I have heard many such jokes about the prescriptions written by doctors. I had also heard that they were directed to write all the names in CAPS. Am I right?

I have heard many such jokes about the prescriptions written by doctors. I had also heard that they were directed to write all the names in CAPS. Am I right?

Yes, you are right. There is a saying, If you take the prescription written by him, he will say, "I can't decipher it. Is it written by a doctor?"
Yes It also happens to me also. Several times my daughter has alert me about this.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Yes, you are right. There is a saying, If you take the prescription written by him, he will say, "I can't decipher it. Is it written by a doctor?"

In that case it is like 'giving the doctor a dose of his own medicine', hahaaha :lol: Indeed that's funny.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.