We see people talking about waging a war on our neighboring country when they really test our patience and although it is about destruction death and calamity we still feel that it is justified in the larger interest of the nation.
But is war justified at all? is it only power and revenge behind it or are people bloodthirsty by nature ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
War is not justified. This is a manifestation of animal instinct. Wars are for territorial expansion and business interests. Ultimately, all territory and world resources belong to entire humanity. The border disputes are really of no meaning. Sometimes these are only of sentimental value. Once then Prime Minister Nehru had said that not a blade of grass grows in the region captured by China. In fact, China occupied the area because of supposed historic reason and India had also to defend for sentiments. Otherwise land really belongs to people residing there. There is need for international brotherhood and narrow considerations of chauvinism and jingoism need be avoided.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
We see people talking about waging a war on our neighboring country when they really test our patience and although it is about destruction death and calamity we still feel that it is justified in the larger interest of the nation.
But is war justified at all? is it only power and revenge behind it or are people bloodthirsty by nature ?

Besides all the factors you mentioned, there is another trait in humans (Or nations) that makes them to go for a war. That's the inherent quality Greed. This is the predominant feature in any war. Be it a Ghazni or a white man or a neighboring country. A latest report from the government of India says, Chinese troops 18 km inside India.
War is not justified. This is a manifestation of animal instinct. Wars are for territorial expansion and business interests. Ultimately, all territory and world resources belong to entire humanity. The border disputes are really of no meaning. Sometimes these are only of sentimental value. Once then Prime Minister Nehru had said that not a blade of grass grows in the region captured by China. In fact, China occupied the area because of supposed historic reason and India had also to defend for sentiments. Otherwise land really belongs to people residing there. There is need for international brotherhood and narrow considerations of chauvinism and jingoism need be avoided.

Absolutely ! most of the time it is because the leaders dont think straight ! For a km of land there is no point in sacrificing several hundred human lives...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This is confusing why people think of wars. Recently there have been tense situation between India and China. But one thing is for sure there won't be a solution come out by fighting a war they need to talk to each other. I am afraid why someone is not interefring in the matter may be beacuse China is super power?. :blink:

Besides all the factors you mentioned, there is another trait in humans (Or nations) that makes them to go for a war. That's the inherent quality Greed. This is the predominant feature in any war. Be it a Ghazni or a white man or a neighboring country. A latest report from the government of India says, Chinese troops 18 km inside India.

I too have been following that story , the Chinese have never stopped trying to somehow knock off a few acres of our space and that quality is what has brought them and Pakistan together...

war is not a solution of problem. No can win war all are looser. USA is super power but he never win any war. But it is also problem when some one is infiltration. In this situation war should last alternative.
This is confusing why people think of wars. Recently there have been tense situation between India and China. But one thing is for sure there won't be a solution come out by fighting a war they need to talk to each other. I am afraid why someone is not interefring in the matter may be beacuse China is super power?. :blink:

China has always been arm twisting us because they are more powerful and have done this everywhere, with Taiwan,Tibet etc...I sincerely hope that India does not give in ..

China has always been arm twisting us because they are more powerful and have done this everywhere, with Taiwan,Tibet etc...I sincerely hope that India does not give in ..

India will have to give in if want to avoid war as its not easy to negotiate with China because China also knows it that it being a super power it can threat any country I think there should be some international interference in this regard at least US should say something for it. :blink:

The relative strength of china and India and likely damage in event of war can be best judged by Defence ministry and armed forces. I agree that ultimately a solution is on negotiation table only. Wars seldom solve issues. India and china are both big powers and none is so powerful as to get the other surrender .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The defense strngth of China is much more than India and Pakistan too may join in in the event of a war which will be a difficult situation for I(ndia, so I too feel that negotiations and a little bit of give and take is the only solutions available to us ...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.