I feel it is now..The rainy season has many advantages and although it is wet and water logging is a hassle, it is a good time for those interested in gardening to start growing new plants. The plants grow roots easily at this time.I have been collecting some cuttings and planting them in sand filled plastic bags which I later transfer to a earthen pot or on a prepared flower bed...
Please share your experiences and views ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Usha, in my experience, now is the perfect time to transfer your plants in beds and other pots. They take roots very easily and because the sun is not too hard, they grow well and strong quicker. Although for some plants, I find planting in June is better too after the first few showers.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Usha, in my experience, now is the perfect time to transfer your plants in beds and other pots. They take roots very easily and because the sun is not too hard, they grow well and strong quicker. Although for some plants, I find planting in June is better too after the first few showers.

Yes thats what I too feel...except for some plants that have watery stems which tend to melt away during rains , the hardy ones are easier to grow now.I used to earlier find it very difficult to maintain African violets during rains but now after keeping them out in the rain they seem to be doing better ....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with you but some plants are purely seasonal . We should plant these as per the instruction given by nursery owner or pack of seeds having the information in detail. But yes as another member mentioned above this is best for transferring the plants.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It rains heavily in Kolkata. Climate will be cool and moderate. I feel it is good time to start gardening. Before summer season, flowers will grow up.
We can actually see almost all hardy varieties growing bunches of roots on their stem and it is easy to cut off the portion and put in sand where they grow firm and start growing.I have a variety of flowering shrub which never grows from cutting any other time of the year except now, and I have got some made and it is growing nicely...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8785]}

Plants grow well during the rainy season.If we pluck a small plant during rainy season and sow it in anywhere in the ground it will grow fast.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Plants grow well during the rainy season.If we pluck a small plant during rainy season and sow it in anywhere in the ground it will grow fast.

Thats true, I see that all the begonia leaves that have fallen off to the ground also begin sprouting a new sapling from the edges from which you can grow a whole new plant ... :)

The fall season is perfect for planting a lawn, according to most information sources, expert or not. Some give good explanations for restricting grass planting projects to this late season.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Friends many plants grow well in winter season. Market is full of all types of vegetables and food stuffs in India. In western countries it is mostly snow clad. They use greenhouse for growing vegetables.
Soon after the rainy season plants have enough ground water and the weather is not too hot, so we get to see most of the plants doing well.this is also the best time to re-pot your plants.Most of the minerals get washed away because of the rains, so one should replace the soil once a year to get the best results and provide nutrition and favorable condition for plants to grow and thrive ..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8869]}

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.