Nothing stops a determined soul.
http://www.boldsky.com/insync/life/2012/most-popular-deaf-people-031141.html#image2845
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Often handicapped get more expertise in certain other matters. One who is hard of hearing will not be able to talk much. So, he will utilize his time in some other useful pursuits. In a way, I am handicapped. My hand writing is very poor. But this made me expert in computer typing. This is like making virtue of necessity.

The handicapped are better called as 'differently abled'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Often handicapped get more expertise in certain other matters. One who is hard of hearing will not be able to talk much. So, he will utilize his time in some other useful pursuits. In a way, I am handicapped. My hand writing is very poor. But this made me expert in computer typing. This is like making virtue of necessity.

The handicapped are better called as 'differently abled'.

Abillity is not restricted to one sphere and one avenue only. If one way is blocked people find out another. As you said aptly, people will divert their prowesses through other channels, instead of lamenting on the closed cahannels.
I personally view it as more of a problem of perception. I was touched by a telling comment made by one whose name I don't remember at this point of time. She lost her vision at a very young age and went on to become a celebrated mountaineer and a successful lawyer! And she would say that Lata Mangeshkar would be a handicapped person as she can't solve math problems like Einstein! The meaning of these profound words should not be missed!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Many of them are good in art and other activities which makes them different and special in the world.
I personally view it as more of a problem of perception. I was touched by a telling comment made by one whose name I don't remember at this point of time. She lost her vision at a very young age and went on to become a celebrated mountaineer and a successful lawyer! And she would say that Lata Mangeshkar would be a handicapped person as she can't solve math problems like Einstein! The meaning of these profound words should not be missed!

Her comment is a best one chinmoyji. Everyone in the world is differently abled.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Handicaps are more better than the normal people. They are much determined on the thing which they doing

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Yes, most surprising thing to me is the genius Bethoven.
How many times have I wondered how he created music from a world of silence.
I studied in my 10th standard, he used to feel the rain drops, nature etc for creating magical strings

Meera sandhu
Yes, most surprising thing to me is the genius Bethoven.
How many times have I wondered how he created music from a world of silence.
I studied in my 10th standard, he used to feel the rain drops, nature etc for creating magical strings

I personally feel disability is a relative term. Not absolute. For me you are a disabled because you do not know what's digital art. For Ravi Varma, some other is disabled because they do not know how to hold a brush.
i have told in some another thread.
Everyone notices physical defects, not mental defects.
I have a strong feeling that even if a person is handicapped, God has given him some another talent, to make him special. That's why we are seeing a lot of artists like painters, singers etc among poor people and beggars...also normal people.
according to me, mental illness or defects is the real problem, not the absence of sight or body organs.

Meera sandhu
Handicaps are more better than the normal people. They are much determined on the thing which they doing

Handicap is definitely not a virtue. Nobody will like to be handicapped. But one has to live with handicap. It is no use lamenting over a handicap. It is best to discover what can be done in spite of handicap. a handicapped person is not handicapped in entirety.

I remember a story.. A boy was a good cricket player. But he lost his leg in an accident. He could not play cricket. His sports teacher consoled him and gave him the task of making running commentary on cricket match. The boy not only became a good sports commentator but could also participate as anchor in carious cultural functions.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.