Is anyone here anytime visited Monastery in india?

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9393]}

Want to make each day Accountable

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Is anyone here anytime visited Monastery in india?

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9393]}

Which monastery is this? There are many.
Such monasteries in India are only in Leh-Ladakh, and Dharamshala. So who visited these places must have seen such a monastery. I have not yet seen them myself! Its a very beautiful one!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Most of the monasteries situated in India are close to Himalayas and states that border the mountain ranges...I have visited a couple of them outside India but so far have not had the opportunity of visiting the ones that are situated here...I am just giving the picture of Shwedagon pagoda, just outside Rangoon in Burma considered to be one of most beautiful looking..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9404]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
Such monasteries in India are only in Leh-Ladakh, and Dharamshala. So who visited these places must have seen such a monastery. I have not yet seen them myself! Its a very beautiful one!

Yes, they are self contained abodes where religious monks/ nuns live. They are both the centers for religious knowledge and community living
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Most of the monasteries situated in India are close to Himalayas and states that border the mountain ranges...I have visited a couple of them outside India but so far have not had the opportunity of visiting the ones that are situated here...I am just giving the picture of Shwedagon pagoda, just outside Rangoon in Burma considered to be one of most beautiful looking..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9404]}

Wow! That looks really really beautiful! It must be quite an amazing experience to actually visit such a place!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
i have never seen such beautiful places live. I hope I will get a chance in future

Meera sandhu
These are the beautiful monastries. I like it. I have visited monastery at Shilong. I love them.
No I have never been there but I wish if I could get a chance to visit there yes Ladhak and Leh is a beautiful place. :)

Wow! That looks really really beautiful! It must be quite an amazing experience to actually visit such a place!

Yes it is very beautiful and very well maintained...It is situated on top of a hill and the entire dome is covered with gold... :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am going to surprise all the South Indians, by saying that there is one Monastery in South as well :huh: . It starts with 'N'. Can you tell me. Because, i heard some one saying that Monastery lies only in North, but it is not true.

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.