Agra is famous for Taj. But Taj alone is not that matters to Agra. Agra consists of very good entrepreneurs. There are various products- leather footwear, handicrafts, Petha sweets for which Agra is known. What is significant that most products are not manufactured with local raw materials. The Agra residents gather raw materials from far off places for manufacture of products.

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/agra-city-entrepreneurial-excellence-063205768.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
agra and Taj mahal are still in my dreams sir...
I really want to meet you once in front of Taj Mahal.......it's my dream.

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Agra is famous for Taj. But Taj alone is not that matters to Agra. Agra consists of very good entrepreneurs. There are various products- leather footwear, handicrafts, Petha sweets for which Agra is known. What is significant that most products are not manufactured with local raw materials. The Agra residents gather raw materials from far off places for manufacture of products.

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/agra-city-entrepreneurial-excellence-063205768.html

Ashrams like Dayalbagh which encourages to manufacture through its inmates are very famous. I'm familiar with both Leather goods and famous Petha' sweets of Agra
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Agra got famous for Taj Mahal.But people should remember Agra not only for Taj but for other beautiful architechtural monument.It has many other things to watch.Its culture are also remembered.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Most people have this vision that Agra is nothing but an old city where there is Tajmahal and nothing else....In fact, a few years ago I heard someone from Bangalore planning to visit Agra, talking about the trip and saying that they had to take food and water since nothing was available there - I am not sure if that was the situation then or just their imagination ! :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But one thing is for which Agra is infamous for its drinking water. I remember when we used to go to our college in train we never used to drink water on Agra junction. :laugh:
i think churidar materials are cheap in Agra.
My sister-in-law did her BSc Nursing course in UP. she used to purchase churidar materials in bulk, in cheap rate

Meera sandhu
Agra ka Petha is really famous. My Grand-mother is from Agra, my father was born there. So, whenever my grand-mother go there, she always brings Petha for me. I haven't tasted all the varieties, but every time i taste, it feels good.

Want to make each day Accountable

Agra ka Petha is really famous. My Grand-mother is from Agra, my father was born there. So, whenever my grand-mother go there, she always brings Petha for me. I haven't tasted all the varieties, but every time i taste, it feels good.

Is it made from Ash pumpkins or Lauki? They tend to taste the same , just that ash pumpkin is a little more sour when it is fully grown...I too love Petha :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Is it made from Ash pumpkins or Lauki? They tend to taste the same , just that ash pumpkin is a little more sour when it is fully grown...I too love Petha :)

My favorite is the juicy Angoori petha flavored with rose water! Slurrrrpppp... :) and yes its made of only ash pumpkin and not lauki. My mum once tried to make petha at home and it turned out pretty okay!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

My favorite is the juicy Angoori petha flavored with rose water! Slurrrrpppp... :) and yes its made of only ash pumpkin and not lauki. My mum once tried to make petha at home and it turned out pretty okay!

That sounds good ! I think we get Angoori petha in Bangalore in a few sweet shops....I think even the bengalis love Petha a lot ...home made ones must be quite tasty ! :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.