Right from the Ramayan and Mahabharat days we see brothers becoming rivals as they grow up....We see this happening all around us in many families esp after they get married and have their own families.I wonder if this a way of life or can it be avoided of care is taken by the parents and the siblings themselves...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Right from the Ramayan and Mahabharat days we see brothers becoming rivals as they grow up....We see this happening all around us in many families esp after they get married and have their own families.I wonder if this a way of life or can it be avoided of care is taken by the parents and the siblings themselves...

Sibling rivalry is not a universal phenomenon. We see examples for both Rivalry and harmonious siblings.. Family conditions in which the siblings were brought up and the Harmony existed between the parents play a pivotal role in avoiding the rivalry or prolonging the rivalry.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
It can be avoided by the pure love.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/

Sibling rivalry is not a universal phenomenon. We see examples for both Rivalry and harmonious siblings.. Family conditions in which the siblings were brought up and the Harmony existed between the parents play a pivotal role in avoiding the rivalry or prolonging the rivalry.

In many families they may not show it but it is there, when children grow up it comes out in one form or the other.I see this happening more with men than with women though, may be because women are not actually given financial freedom to deal with the money or property.Almost all big industrialists have been having such problems..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Possibly so, but many factors come in and people do get affected by other peoples ideas ..

Thank you said by: rambabu

Possibly so, but many factors come in and people do get affected by other peoples ideas ..

To my mind it has a lot more to do with the culture of a family and the way children are brought up! I have come across fewer cases of such rivalry but the problem is very much there.

In many families they may not show it but it is there, when children grow up it comes out in one form or the other.I see this happening more with men than with women though, may be because women are not actually given financial freedom to deal with the money or property.Almost all big industrialists have been having such problems..

Yes sibling rivalry is there. Its not fully absent. In Some families as you said will not be visible externally and it surfaces at an opportune time.
What I feel is that it is natural to have some amount of sibling rivalry at very young age especially if there is very less age gap between the children. They become rivals for the attention of their parents and others. But as they mature up, normally with proper parental care, that feeling should be replace by a feeling of love for each other. I feel that one of the way to prevent sibling rivalry is avoid making comparison among the children and appreciate each of them for who they are.
It can be avoided, by showing the same interest to all the children. When a new born needs more attention the elder one does not understand, so make them understand

http://beautytipsforflawlessskin.blogspot.com/

Generally brothers are compared to each other by their parents and others. This creates rivalry and jealousy. The parents should avoiding such comparison.
mysmiley2.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Generally brothers are compared to each other by their parents and others. This creates rivalry and jealousy. The parents should avoiding such comparison.

Bang on,Sir! That's why I highlighted the cultural aspect of it!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9581]}
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.