Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In tamilnadu, the current popular sibling rivalry is between the sons of Kalaignar Dr. M. Karunanidhi, Chief of DMK (Former Chief Minister of Tamilnadu) - Mr. Stalin & Mr. Azhagiri to become the chief of that party.

In Kerala, between film star com Tourism minister Ganeshan and his father Balakrishna pillai who has several times served our state as minister :cheer:

Sibling rivalry exists from the period of sons of Adam and Eve. It is a world wide spread one. As days go, it becomes more and more severer.
:dry: :dry: :dry: :dry: :dry:

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Sibling rivalry is very much present in most families, although it may become less and less apparent as the children grow up and become mature. But in families where the comparison is always there between children, in most families the child who does better at studies is given more affection and appreciated more while the child who is a little less than the other gets to hear about it all the time. This leads to jealousy and rivalry and is not a healthy sign. So it is actually the parents who can make a lot of difference to avoid this trait!

I agree that parents are to blame to a great extent...we see so many parents being partial to sons and neglecting the daughters...But when there are more than one male children the situation becomes bad since boys take such things lying down ...

Yes Usha that's true! In an all-male family, the struggle for power is much more intense and pronounced and usually the rivalry is also more than in a household which has sisters too! Boys have more ego issues than girls have, even at a very young age!

Kalyani, In fact I have noticed that when we try to bring up children without giving any special attention to a boy child people around you find it weird. In y own family my son loves cooking and when we are away he used to cook for his sisters and they would help him out by washing up and I used to face criticism from many relatives, not that I cared , but that is the mentality of the people...when there is need both should be able to do any job around the house...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sibling rivalry is very much present in most families, although it may become less and less apparent as the children grow up and become mature. But in families where the comparison is always there between children, in most families the child who does better at studies is given more affection and appreciated more while the child who is a little less than the other gets to hear about it all the time. This leads to jealousy and rivalry and is not a healthy sign. So it is actually the parents who can make a lot of difference to avoid this trait!

I agree that parents are to blame to a great extent...we see so many parents being partial to sons and neglecting the daughters...But when there are more than one male children the situation becomes bad since boys take such things lying down ...

Yes Usha that's true! In an all-male family, the struggle for power is much more intense and pronounced and usually the rivalry is also more than in a household which has sisters too! Boys have more ego issues than girls have, even at a very young age!

Kalyani, In fact I have noticed that when we try to bring up children without giving any special attention to a boy child people around you find it weird. In y own family my son loves cooking and when we are away he used to cook for his sisters and they would help him out by washing up and I used to face criticism from many relatives, not that I cared , but that is the mentality of the people...when there is need both should be able to do any job around the house...

Yes, that is the most rational approach but we have very few rationalists among us!!!
Parenting plays a major role to avoid this sibling rivalry problem. But for your surprise, sibling rivalry takes place not only after their marriage, it even takes place before marriage also.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You are some what right Kalyani but I think after marriage girls disperse from their birth place and distances arise that can reduce this comparison issue to some extent. I think any gender have ego and parents should stop comparing to avoid differences.

Yes that is true due to this attitude most of the time siblings of opposite gender don't respect each other.
In a society and culture like ours it is all the more important and essential for parents to take extra care to see that such a rivalry doesn't spoil future relationships. Most brothers or siblings who have had differences blame their parents for the animosity which may not be completely true..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.