Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The politicians as such do not get anything from government. There is salary and some allowances to members of parliament and state assemblies. In the capacity of legislators they are considered public servants. They have to entertain good number of visitors and travel also for performing their functions. We need not object to their salary, perks and other facilities. What we need to bother is their indulgence in corruption and irregularities.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The politicians as such do not get anything from government. There is salary and some allowances to members of parliament and state assemblies. In the capacity of legislators they are considered public servants. They have to entertain good number of visitors and travel also for performing their functions. We need not object to their salary, perks and other facilities. What we need to bother is their indulgence in corruption and irregularities.

Compared to a salaried person , what they get is more than enough to lead a very comfortable life style....They get free housing or rent to the tune of Rs 25,000 for a MLA and Rs 45,000/ for a MP and 1 lakh plus for a minister.I am talking about my state and the central ministers get much more than that.They get free unlimited usage of electricity , water and telephone and 4 cylinders of cooking gas per month.They also get 750 liters of free fuel every month and a vehicle ( car or a jeep) with driver.Besides this they get their salary of Rs 25,000 per month ( ministers ) and Rs 18,000 ( MLAs) and free air travel or first class train travel to their home constituency 4 times a month.... is there any need to take bribes after all these benefits? just shows the kind of greed they have

This was in 2011 and they are already asking for a hike this year :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Compared to a salaried person , what they get is more than enough to lead a very comfortable life style....They get free housing or rent to the tune of Rs 25,000 for a MLA and Rs 45,000/ for a MP and 1 lakh plus for a minister.I am talking about my state and the central ministers get much more than that.They get free unlimited usage of electricity , water and telephone and 4 cylinders of cooking gas per month.They also get 750 liters of free fuel every month and a vehicle ( car or a jeep) with driver.Besides this they get their salary of Rs 25,000 per month ( ministers ) and Rs 18,000 ( MLAs) and free air travel or first class train travel to their home constituency 4 times a month.... is there any need to take bribes after all these benefits? just shows the kind of greed they have

That is quite a lot of everything to them. But where did you get all the info from? Is it published so that the common man should know it - transparency.

That is quite a lot of everything to them. But where did you get all the info from? Is it published so that the common man should know it - transparency.

I read it in the local newspapers when they had the last pay hike and have kept the cutting for referenece...they now want a 150% hike in their pay, can you believe it ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The perks and luxuries politician get is quiet sufficient for them to survive and in addition to that they get a reasonable salary. However if we estimate their total salary including deduction of taxes the amount is still more then expected..

I read it in the local newspapers when they had the last pay hike and have kept the cutting for referenece...they now want a 150% hike in their pay, can you believe it ?

150% hike in one go? That’s really shameful. The reason? Well, it is these people who talk of eradicating the poverty and are asking for such hefty hikes.

150% hike in one go? That’s really shameful. The reason? Well, it is these people who talk of eradicating the poverty and are asking for such hefty hikes.

Of course they are trying to eradicate poverty, but its not of the common people but their coming 100 generations, at least!! :blink: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal
It is really very shameful that half the Maharashtra is reeling under severe famine and there are a couple of politicians who a few days ago, spent crores of rupees on their children's wedding celebrations!

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/pawar-pulls-up-ncp-minister-for-marriage-extravagance/article4415834.ece

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/displayarticle.asp?xfile=data/international/2013/February/international_February682.xml&section=international&col=

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is really very shameful that half the Maharashtra is reeling under severe famine and there are a couple of politicians who a few days ago, spent crores of rupees on their children's wedding celebrations!

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/pawar-pulls-up-ncp-minister-for-marriage-extravagance/article4415834.ece

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/displayarticle.asp?xfile=data/international/2013/February/international_February682.xml&section=international&col=

They dont seem to have an iota of humanity in them, all they think of is to show their power and clout...I guess it is the same story across the country ! I remember reading nostalgia about Lal Bahadur Shastri , when he was the PM, where they used to eat frugal meals when the war was going on between India and Pakistan.....

Yes that's right. If their tummies are full, they don't care about what things are happening around them. They are engrossed in their own world.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.