Many a times we do feel fey when we know that there is doom ahead or something might happen.I have had this feeling a few times and each time it has come true. You feel happy and on top of the world and for a minute you get this feeling that things wont last this way...

I wonder if it is our intuition or sub conscious sending out warning signals to us so that we dont go overboard with our feeling of happiness and contentment !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes, it does happen sometimes! I think it is exactly what you said, just to keep us on our toes and not let us go over the board, probably to make us remain in touch with the ground reality!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Yes, it does happen sometimes! I think it is exactly what you said, just to keep us on our toes and not let us go over the board, probably to make us remain in touch with the ground reality!

Yes Kalyani, I remember one particular instant long back when our entire extended family had got together and we had a lot of fun and gaiety in our ancestoral home and at that time I suddenly had this feeling that we had to make the most of the occassion since such a state of affiars would not last ! I later told my mother about it , but she told me that I was being over cautious ! But things turned out really bad within a year with a pending civil case with regard to our ancestral property and things have never been the same since then !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Many a times we do feel fey when we know that there is doom ahead or something might happen.I have had this feeling a few times and each time it has come true. You feel happy and on top of the world and for a minute you get this feeling that things wont last this way...

I wonder if it is our intuition or sub conscious sending out warning signals to us so that we dont go overboard with our feeling of happiness and contentment !

Yes, feeling clairvoyant at times experienced by all. It's the trick played by sub conscious.Its the store house of our beliefs and fears. From time to time, it plays back all those fears and beliefs with which we fed it.

Yes, feeling clairvoyant at times experienced by all. It's the trick played by sub conscious.Its the store house of our beliefs and fears. From time to time, it plays back all those fears and beliefs with which we fed it.

Our mind is so complex and complicated that we are constantly surprised by it ! At times you see faces of people who are total strangers but somehow connected with your life.It is like the sub conscious mind is constantly clicking away and stores away things around you and releases it at certain times depending on how relevant it is...

Our mind is so complex and complicated that we are constantly surprised by it ! At times you see faces of people who are total strangers but somehow connected with your life.It is like the sub conscious mind is constantly clicking away and stores away things around you and releases it at certain times depending on how relevant it is...

Which is why we should feed our sub conscious with positive affirmations.
I don't know whether I had ever such feeling in childhood. But I never had any such feeling for the last few decades. I remember that once I was enjoying movie in a theater at Tezpur (Assam). suddenly there was some panic and the spectators rushed out from cinema. I just felt that they were scared of a snake. But I did not move and was normal. Some time back, all returned. I came to know that it was an earth quake. Presently, my outlook is that one should continue with what he is doing without bothering about doom etc. Let us do what we are supposed to and let Nature do its own job.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I don't know whether I had ever such feeling in childhood. But I never had any such feeling for the last few decades. I remember that once I was enjoying movie in a theater at Tezpur (Assam). suddenly there was some panic and the spectators rushed out from cinema. I just felt that they were scared of a snake. But I did not move and was normal. Some time back, all returned. I came to know that it was an earth quake. Presently, my outlook is that one should continue with what he is doing without bothering about doom etc. Let us do what we are supposed to and let Nature do its own job.

This says of your control over your thoughts. Vague thoughts will not dare to cause instability in you. Bravo.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

This says of your control over your thoughts. Vague thoughts will not dare to cause instability in you. Bravo.

Feeling fey is more to do with having certain visions especially when things are going well, you feel that things are not going to last for long.There is a saying' I feel as if someone is walking over my grave' , which is a feeling one has when there is a foreboding thought in ones mind about an impending tragedy to self..

Feeling fey is more to do with having certain visions especially when things are going well, you feel that things are not going to last for long.There is a saying' I feel as if someone is walking over my grave' , which is a feeling one has when there is a foreboding thought in ones mind about an impending tragedy to self..

This trait is associated with negative thoughts, marked by a foreboding of death or calamity. Psychologists say, there are ‘Alters’ in all of us. If the “Alter” that induces negative thoughts day in day out in us dominates, will create the feelings of Fey. This alter will not allow you to see the brighter aspects of life. Psychologists say such trait is the forerunner to MPD, multiple personality disorder. It can be treated with hypnosis . and expert counseling.

I think this feeling would be more experienced by people who are very sensitive and aware of themselves and are better attuned to their surroundings more than others. In my opinion, this has nothing to do with negative or positive thoughts but more of type of premonition!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.