Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't know whether I had ever such feeling in childhood. But I never had any such feeling for the last few decades. I remember that once I was enjoying movie in a theater at Tezpur (Assam). suddenly there was some panic and the spectators rushed out from cinema. I just felt that they were scared of a snake. But I did not move and was normal. Some time back, all returned. I came to know that it was an earth quake. Presently, my outlook is that one should continue with what he is doing without bothering about doom etc. Let us do what we are supposed to and let Nature do its own job.

This says of your control over your thoughts. Vague thoughts will not dare to cause instability in you. Bravo.

Feeling fey is more to do with having certain visions especially when things are going well, you feel that things are not going to last for long.There is a saying' I feel as if someone is walking over my grave' , which is a feeling one has when there is a foreboding thought in ones mind about an impending tragedy to self..

I think this feeling would be more experienced by people who are very sensitive and aware of themselves and are better attuned to their surroundings more than others. In my opinion, this has nothing to do with negative or positive thoughts but more of type of premonition!

Exactly ! It has to do with being sensitive and also keenly perceptive about ones surroundings and situations.Our sub conscious absorbs everything and sends out warning signals at times as a caution so that you are on your watch, those who are sensitive are able to understand the signals..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Many a times we do feel fey when we know that there is doom ahead or something might happen.I have had this feeling a few times and each time it has come true. You feel happy and on top of the world and for a minute you get this feeling that things wont last this way...

I wonder if it is our intuition or sub conscious sending out warning signals to us so that we dont go overboard with our feeling of happiness and contentment !

I never experience it. Although once I lived in coma for more than 24 hours.
Many a times we do feel fey when we know that there is doom ahead or something might happen.I have had this feeling a few times and each time it has come true. You feel happy and on top of the world and for a minute you get this feeling that things wont last this way...

I wonder if it is our intuition or sub conscious sending out warning signals to us so that we dont go overboard with our feeling of happiness and contentment !

I am extremely sorry to hear that anil, was it because of the illness? Feeling fey actually has nothing to do with physical health, it is a psychological feeling that sometimes we get...
The meaning of Fey - a. Having or displaying an otherworldly, magical, or fairylike aspect or quality: "She's got that fey look as though she's had breakfast with a leprechaun" (Dorothy Burnham).
b. Having visionary power; clairvoyant

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: anil

I am extremely sorry to hear that anil, was it because of the illness? Feeling fey actually has nothing to do with physical health, it is a psychological feeling that sometimes we get...
The meaning of Fey - a. Having or displaying an otherworldly, magical, or fairylike aspect or quality: "She's got that fey look as though she's had breakfast with a leprechaun" (Dorothy Burnham).
b. Having visionary power; clairvoyant

You explained it really well. The word Fey originally comes from British dialect, more precisely, Scottish and one of the main meanings of the word is that of "being in unnaturally high spirits, as were formerly thought to precede death." So it has nothing do with physical or emotional health.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.