You defied the age and remained evergreen with your sonorous lilting voice. You assured us of your sweet and your enchanting voice ever since you rendered that song from the film ‘Afsana’ in 1951 under the baton of Husnlal Bhagatram “abhi to mein jawaan hoon”, “I’m still young”
Indeed LatajJi, you remained young with your ageless voice.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10754]}
A Pencil drawing : rambabu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Lata Mangeshkar is the pride of India.For many Indians her voice and songs are interconnected with their lives too..I can recollect so many of her songs that bring back memories of my own personal life, and that must be the case for all her fans.Anything we say about her voice seems too little...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

She truly is the queen of melody. Romantic, patriotic, sad songs, be it any genre she has done exceptionally well.

P.S. Really nice sketch.

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: rambabu
Remarkabley Lata sang also for child artists. She is unique.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

She truly is the queen of melody. Romantic, patriotic, sad songs, be it any genre she has done exceptionally well.

P.S. Really nice sketch.

That's the uniqueness in Lata. She does full justice to any genre she's assigned with.
You defied the age and remained evergreen with your sonorous lilting voice. You assured us of your sweet and your enchanting voice ever since you rendered that song from the film ‘Afsana’ in 1951 under the baton of Husnlal Bhagatram “abhi to mein jawaan hoon”, “I’m still young”
Indeed LatajJi, you remained young with your ageless voice.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10754]}
A Pencil drawing : rambabu

Lata Tai is living legend. You are good artist too Rambabu

Meethi Meethi Baaton Se Bachna Zara-"Qaidi No 911" is one such song.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

It is simply impossible to single out her songs to categorise as her best but I remember a remark with a great music director when he commented 'Kaise bataun, kaise uski kami dhundhun, Kamb*** kabhi besuri hi nahi hoti' She never gave a chance to her worst critic.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is simply impossible to single out her songs to categorise as her best but I remember a remark with a great music director when he commented 'Kaise bataun, kaise uski kami dhundhun, Kamb*** kabhi besuri hi nahi hoti' She never gave a chance to her worst critic.

How can we categorize Lata’s best songs, when all her songs are “The Best” and nothing but Best?
I love all her songs since her voice overtakes any flaw that might be there in the lyrics or tune...
But some of her songs are simply mind blowing like ..
Tum na jane kis jahan mein kho gaye
Yeh sham ki tanhayiyan
Chand maddham hai aasman chup hai
Tandi hawayen leherake aaye
Raat bhi hai kuch bheegi bheegi
Pyar kiya toh darna kya
Pyar ki yeh talkhiyan
Tera mera pyar amar...
One can go on and on...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I love all her songs since her voice overtakes any flaw that might be there in the lyrics or tune...
But some of her songs are simply mind blowing like ..
Tum na jane kis jahan mein kho gaye
Yeh sham ki tanhayiyan
Chand maddham hai aasman chup hai
Tandi hawayen leherake aaye
Raat bhi hai kuch bheegi bheegi
Pyar kiya toh darna kya
Pyar ki yeh talkhiyan
Tera mera pyar amar...
One can go on and on...

Its a never ending list. That's why I never dare to enlist her BEST songs.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.