The Supreme Court has in a landmark decision ruled that a house wife's contribution cannot be decided in monetary terms. The court further commented that a professional house keeper cannot be exactly like a house wife in terms of
sincerity and quality. This ruling came in context of deciding compensation for medical negligence.

http://www.dnaindia.com/delhi/report-dna-exclusive-money-can-t-measure-work-done-by-housewives-says-supreme-court-1909361

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The contribution made by a wife or mother cannot be measured or equated with monetary aspects.The supreme court's observations in this regard are apt.
It is immense, and cannot be measured, as the love with which mother and later on better half performed care cannot be measured with earthly matters.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
The contribution made by a wife or mother cannot be measured or equated with monetary aspects.The supreme court's observations in this regard are apt.

Decision is write no one can measures cost of dedication and love. We feel more relax at our home than a 5 star hotel and food which cooked at home home give more satisfaction than a star hotel.
The fact of the matter is that no matter what the Supreme court says o how many laws are made , women have the same status in our society,The only silver lining is that they get a slightly better deal with maintenance and other related things when there is problem with their marriage but still dont get what they rightly deserve...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If there is a dire need to actually measure a wifes work value I wonder how will the court go about it ? will they say she is invalauable so lets leave it at that... :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
The word "wife" is very small but it has great meaning. If you pay money to your wife for her work and sacrifices, you are treating her like a servant or a maid. Wife is an honour given to a woman for her responsibility and work.
Whatever the supreme court has decided is a fact for every country and every state.
There is no doubt that the contribution of a housewife is really invaluable. My mother and wife, both of these ladies are housewives. And if they are unfit or out of station, I know how much they contribute for the well being of the house. I am sure, the same is everywhere.
There is no doubt that the contribution of a housewife is really invaluable. My mother and wife, both of these ladies are housewives. And if they are unfit or out of station, I know how much they contribute for the well being of the house. I am sure, the same is everywhere.

So how does one evaluate these invaluable contributions in facts and figures? being idealistic is something else bt when the same wife is tortured mentally and applies for a maintenance tables are turned against her because of this very thing that her contribution cannot be valued...

So how does one evaluate these invaluable contributions in facts and figures? being idealistic is something else bt when the same wife is tortured mentally and applies for a maintenance tables are turned against her because of this very thing that her contribution cannot be valued...

Supreme Court has just given us principle. This will be kept in view in cases of compensation for accidental deaths and motor accidents etc. The value of woman's value in household will be considered while giving compensation. Actual working of value is really an accountant's job. But nobody will be able to say that she being unemployed is entitle to lesser compensation.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The fact of the matter is that no matter what the Supreme court says o how many laws are made , women have the same status in our society,The only silver lining is that they get a slightly better deal with maintenance and other related things when there is problem with their marriage but still dont get what they rightly deserve...

I am agreed but it is a cronic problem. It is not possible to solve it in one attempt. Mentality of men are changing. What I wrote here for women it may be also views of others. We cannot home without women. Without women men in incomplete. Women is mother, sister and better half.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.