Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well.....more on Sachin front, I just heard on the news that along with Prof. Rao Sahin has been declared as the recipient of Bharat Ratna! I guess the rules for eligibility of Bharat Ratna are just too flexible to be manipulated and changed to accommodate him!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well.....more on Sachin front, I just heard on the news that along with Prof. Rao Sahin has been declared as the recipient of Bharat Ratna! I guess the rules for eligibility of Bharat Ratna are just too flexible to be manipulated and changed to accommodate him!

Yes I agree ! Everybody is falling over themselves to shower him with goodies, may be he will get one more site and more cash benefits... :unsure:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Look admiration graduating to adulation is bearable but idolatry -- no, no!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Look admiration graduating to adulation is bearable but idolatry -- no, no!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Exactly what we have been saying all along with regards to Sachin! There are just so many others who have done their bit a little too much for the country and they have been ignored completely where accolades such as Padma awards are concerned, leave alone Bharat Ratna. But where the rules clearly stated that the award is not meant for sportspersons, those rules have been bended too far by all and finally he has received it. I am not against giving him awards of any kind, but this one is going too far and it is not fair for many who sacrificed their entire lives for the country in more ways than one!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Exactly what we have been saying all along with regards to Sachin! There are just so many others who have done their bit a little too much for the country and they have been ignored completely where accolades such as Padma awards are concerned, leave alone Bharat Ratna. But where the rules clearly stated that the award is not meant for sportspersons, those rules have been bended too far by all and finally he has received it. I am not against giving him awards of any kind, but this one is going too far and it is not fair for many who sacrificed their entire lives for the country in more ways than one!

@Kalyani

I honestly believe Sachin the kind of person he is and the glorious achievement that stands against his name , ever covets this kind of honor but the point here is the desire of a section of his so called fans and fanatics to shine in reflected glory of Sachin which makes me sick to my stomach!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Sachin was best in this cricket career. I wish Sachin will work even better as MP for public and society.
Like Chinmoy righty pointed out I am suure that aa lot of people who are connected to Sachin in some way or te other are shining in the reflected glory, you see and hear so many of them ging on and on about him...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We will be missing a lot Sachin playing the cricket hence forth even though he is the Cricket Icon.
Any way one day everyone has to retired.
I would say Sachin should have played one more year to make it 25 years which will be yet another record
His form was dipping downwards, he has taken right decision, and a fitting farewell of 74 runs in his last innings and India won the series, and a good farewell speech, in which he mentions names of his contemporaries of Dravid, Laxman, Khumble but ignored Ganguly?

http://mohanmekap.com/

His form was dipping downwards, he has taken right decision, and a fitting farewell of 74 runs in his last innings and India won the series, and a good farewell speech, in which he mentions names of his contemporaries of Dravid, Laxman, Khumble but ignored Ganguly?

He has ignored many other good players. May be he remembered his good friends.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.