Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I like radish a lot and it tastes really good too, although I make a number of dishes the best I like is a very simple preparation, thing slices of radish sauteed in a little oil with mustard seeds tempering and sprinkled with lemon juice. Very simple and very delicious!

I too do something similar Kalyani, only add a few slit green chilies , curry leaves and grated coconut....Radish is qute versatile in that you can cook it also eat it raw in many forms !

I do add chillies occasionally and sometimes roasted peanuts too but have never tried it with coconut, do the flavors go well with each other??

Yes it tastes very good, I also make a chutney with Coconut,green chilies, tamarind and ginger and add grated radish to it along with salt, tastes yummy !

It seems you have loads of culinary knowledge. What I always used to think about a Radish's limited culinary applications, you are unravelling one after another. What you gave now is certainly a yummy delicacy. I must show it to my wife. Radishes are there in the home

I like experimenting and anyway this is a very populkar dish here in mangalore, made with cucumber and blanched spinach too... Very good for summer days when it is hot and you dont want to eat anything too spicy !

Yes. I agree with you. Culinary skills are another form of art. Like any other art, culinary art too needs experimenting to discover new forms of cooking.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I like radish a lot and it tastes really good too, although I make a number of dishes the best I like is a very simple preparation, thing slices of radish sauteed in a little oil with mustard seeds tempering and sprinkled with lemon juice. Very simple and very delicious!

I too do something similar Kalyani, only add a few slit green chilies , curry leaves and grated coconut....Radish is qute versatile in that you can cook it also eat it raw in many forms !

I do add chillies occasionally and sometimes roasted peanuts too but have never tried it with coconut, do the flavors go well with each other??

Yes it tastes very good, I also make a chutney with Coconut,green chilies, tamarind and ginger and add grated radish to it along with salt, tastes yummy !

I also prepare it with curds, grind chana dal soaked for a 2-3 hours coarsely, add grated radish and sour curds, add sugar and salt as per taste and temper it with mustard and green chillies! Very delicious and filling.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

It seems you have loads of culinary knowledge. What I always used to think about a Radish's limited culinary applications, you are unravelling one after another. What you gave now is certainly a yummy delicacy. I must show it to my wife. Radishes are there in the home

I like experimenting and anyway this is a very populkar dish here in mangalore, made with cucumber and blanched spinach too... Very good for summer days when it is hot and you dont want to eat anything too spicy !

Yes. I agree with you. Culinary skills are another form of art. Like any other art, culinary art too needs experimenting to discover new forms of cooking.

Yes culinary skill is an art. According to me my mom is the best artist. Anything she makes taste delicious.

Yes culinary skill is an art. According to me my mom is the best artist. Anything she makes taste delicious.

And the most astonishing part is that the best cooks in the world are Men. In mythologies, Bheema, one of the Pandavas was described as the best cook with an uncanny knack in culinary arts.

And the most astonishing part is that the best cooks in the world are Men. In mythologies, Bheema, one of the Pandavas was described as the best cook with an uncanny knack in culinary arts.

Yes that's true. When you watch any cookery show, most of the chefs are men.

Sanjeev Kapoor cookery programmes are quite interesting. His sessions create interest even in a person who doesn't know any thing about cooking.

Sanjeev Kapoor cookery programmes are quite interesting. His sessions create interest even in a person who doesn't know any thing about cooking.

Yes he was the chef of the first successful cookery show in India.

Yes he was the chef of the first successful cookery show in India.

He always demonstrates in his TV Sessions most delicious delicacies cooked in the simplest way. Yesterday he was demonstrating a delicacy made of radishes.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.