Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't know others, but Radish is one of my favorite foods. I love to eat radish in my lunch and dinner. But I was really unaware of the benefits that radish boasts. Thanks Usha Ji!

Radish is rich in a plethora of both nutritional and medicinal properties. Now you can see the benefits of Radish from the threads posted by many of our members including me.

I asked my mom to make the radish parathas today. I liked it. I just don't like raw radishes in salads.

I too like Radish Parathas a lot....Some people like o=yourself dont like the raw sharp taste of radish , but when it is mixed with curds and a sprinkling of roasted jeera it tastes really good. :)

I annull it's strong pungent smell by sprinkling a mixture of black pepper powder and salt

Yes that could help with the smell. but it still has that sharp zingy flavor when eaten raw.
I don't know others, but Radish is one of my favorite foods. I love to eat radish in my lunch and dinner. But I was really unaware of the benefits that radish boasts. Thanks Usha Ji!

Radish is rich in a plethora of both nutritional and medicinal properties. Now you can see the benefits of Radish from the threads posted by many of our members including me.

I asked my mom to make the radish parathas today. I liked it. I just don't like raw radishes in salads.

I too like Radish Parathas a lot....Some people like o=yourself dont like the raw sharp taste of radish , but when it is mixed with curds and a sprinkling of roasted jeera it tastes really good. :)

I annull it's strong pungent smell by sprinkling a mixture of black pepper powder and salt

Yes that could help with the smell. but it still has that sharp zingy flavor when eaten raw.

True. Especially those who are everse to its smell. What I feel is give a try once using the above said cutrds, salt and black pepper powder liberally.

True. Especially those who are everse to its smell. What I feel is give a try once using the above said cutrds, salt and black pepper powder liberally.

Thanks. I will take your advise and try to eat it this way.
I like radish a lot and it tastes really good too, although I make a number of dishes the best I like is a very simple preparation, thing slices of radish sauteed in a little oil with mustard seeds tempering and sprinkled with lemon juice. Very simple and very delicious!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I like radish a lot and it tastes really good too, although I make a number of dishes the best I like is a very simple preparation, thing slices of radish sauteed in a little oil with mustard seeds tempering and sprinkled with lemon juice. Very simple and very delicious!

I too do something similar Kalyani, only add a few slit green chilies , curry leaves and grated coconut....Radish is qute versatile in that you can cook it also eat it raw in many forms !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Radish is very useful as it help in curing urinary disorder and make our blood pressure normal.And most important the juice of the radish help in swelling and remove pain....

I too do something similar Kalyani, only add a few slit green chilies , curry leaves and grated coconut....Radish is qute versatile in that you can cook it also eat it raw in many forms !

I do add chillies occasionally and sometimes roasted peanuts too but have never tried it with coconut, do the flavors go well with each other??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I do add chillies occasionally and sometimes roasted peanuts too but have never tried it with coconut, do the flavors go well with each other??

Yes it tastes very good, I also make a chutney with Coconut,green chilies, tamarind and ginger and add grated radish to it along with salt, tastes yummy !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu, Kalyani Nandurkar

Yes it tastes very good, I also make a chutney with Coconut,green chilies, tamarind and ginger and add grated radish to it along with salt, tastes yummy !

It seems you have loads of culinary knowledge. What I always used to think about a Radish's limited culinary applications, you are unravelling one after another. What you gave now is certainly a yummy delicacy. I must show it to my wife. Radishes are there in the home

It seems you have loads of culinary knowledge. What I always used to think about a Radish's limited culinary applications, you are unravelling one after another. What you gave now is certainly a yummy delicacy. I must show it to my wife. Radishes are there in the home

I like experimenting and anyway this is a very populkar dish here in mangalore, made with cucumber and blanched spinach too... Very good for summer days when it is hot and you dont want to eat anything too spicy !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.