Most of us tend to think that Bitter gourd ( Karela ) is health food. It no doubt has many benefits on our skin, hiar and health but according to some recent researches conducted, bitter gourd can have some side effects if taken in excess ...
http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/side-effects-of-bitter-gourd/?ref=1

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I know about some of the side effects of bitter gourd, especially for pregnant women.
Consuming bitter gourd can be risky for an expecting mother. Bitter gourd juice contains momocharin, which is toxic and is the root cause of miscarriages.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I know about some of the side effects of bitter gourd, especially for pregnant women.
Consuming bitter gourd can be risky for an expecting mother. Bitter gourd juice contains momocharin, which is toxic and is the root cause of miscarriages.

Yes that I too knew that since Papayas esp raw papayas and bitter gourd are not recommmended for pregnant women during the early months of pregnancy...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes that I too knew that since Papayas esp raw papayas and bitter gourd are not recommmended for pregnant women during the early months of pregnancy...

I love Karela especially stuffed Karela. Chewing a leaf of Bitter gourd in the mornings is my child habit.
image40.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

I love Karela especially stuffed Karela. Chewing a leaf of Bitter gourd in the mornings is my child habit.

I too love stuffed Karelas in gravy, one of my favorite dishes ever ! In Mangalore we also make a curry along with what is locally known as Ambade or Amte Kai ( in Kannada) or Hog plums which is a delicacy...I have given the picture of Ambade below..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11111]}

I too love stuffed Karelas in gravy, one of my favorite dishes ever ! In Mangalore we also make a curry along with what is locally known as Ambade or Amte Kai ( in Kannada) or Hog plums which is a delicacy...I have given the picture of Ambade below..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11111]}

Looks interesting, never tried though. But, bitter guard is quite common at our home. Did not know of its side effects. Good information.
Most of us tend to think that Bitter gourd ( Karela ) is health food. It no doubt has many benefits on our skin, hiar and health but according to some recent researches conducted, bitter gourd can have some side effects if taken in excess ...

Thanks for introducing side effects of Bitter Guard. Till now I am think it has no side effects and very healthy for sugar patients. My Mother take it regular basis.

Thanks Usha, this is quite an informative and well-researched article. I think this holds true for any edible item, anything consumed in excess can have negative effects on our system.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Very good information. I don't know till date that bitter gourd will not suitable for kidney patients. Thanks for the information usha mam.
Very good information. In fact even the best is not suitable for all and in all circumstances and in excessive quantity.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Even the best also if taken in excess will definitely have side effects. "Ati Sarvatre Varjayet.". Anything excess should be avoided.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.