Right to information also contradicts adherence to confidentiality and secrecy. This also affects privacy. all agree that a woman's age and a man's income should not be inquired about. Yet there are some stubborn who will seek information on income of a judge. The judge has requested that information available in the income tax return filed by him be not disclosed to the third party seeking information under RTI.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Ex-CJI-Balakrishnan-opposes-release-of-his-tax-returns-under-RTI/750097

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Both parameters are absolutely needed to prevent any data loss
How clearly the people are making using of the loop holes of our law and order.? :ohmy:
It's most unfortunate that some people put it to most inappropriate uses.
The most pathetic thing is people who should be the caretakers of law and order are the violators of it.
I will always take the Judge's side and the people who are facing such problem, as I myself is a victim of such privacy leak by govt. machinery. In my case private security agencies people are disclosing my private matters to the general public and I am helplessly watching it. I know how the Judge must be feeling who has faced the same problem in the name of RTI Act.
These laws need to be amended, which should contradict with other laws prevalent in our country. There should be limitation to the liberty provided under such Acts and stringent punishment to the concerned person who knowingly misuses these laws.
Once the damage is made it takes long time to reconcile that damage.
Pradeep Kumar Nanda wrote:
[quote]I will always take the Judge's side and the people who are facing such problem, as I myself is a victim of such privacy leak by govt. machinery. In my case private security agencies people are disclosing my private matters to the general public and I am helplessly watching it. I know how the Judge must be feeling who has faced the same problem in the name of RTI Act.
These laws need to be amended, which should contradict with other laws prevalent in our country. There should be limitation to the liberty provided under such Acts and stringent punishment to the concerned person who knowingly misuses these laws.
Once the damage is made it takes long time to reconcile that damage.[/quote]

I think RTI needs be amended. Only the information of general nature affecting public should be made available. Personal information of any individual should not be made available to any one.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I fully agree with Gulsan's view on RTI Act. There are other Act's also through which privacy of an individual is mad public by misusing the Act, those also needs to be amended.
Obviously the paramount need is to strike a balance between confidentiality and transparency and I am sure, with experience of this new piece legislation which a potent tool the lawmakers would apply their minds to removing some of its infirmities.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.