Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
P.M. has rightly warned Italy of consequences of not sending back the accused in case of murder of Fishermen. We hope PO.M. will be as strict in action as he is in words. There is no reason why we should tolerate Italian deception.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/PM-warns-Italy-of-consequences-over-Italian-marines-issue/Article1-1025633.aspx

The question is why were they let off in the first place? this always happens when an Italian is involved in India, earlier it was qutrocchi and now this, is there any connection ? :dry:

Exactly! What I find ridiculous in the first place is that these accused were first allowed to go home for Christmas after which they returned, then they were let go to allow them to vote in the elections in Italy after which they never returned. Also, during all this time they were given a five star treatment when actually they should have been treated like other accused. I wonder why they were fed with pastas, pizzas, kept in a post guesthouse etc. Sonia Gandhi ke maike ke log hain isliye???? :blink: :blink:

Now making a hue and cry about it is quite funny and stupid!

Kalyani the statements the congress leaders makes is even more stupid - they put the entire blame on BJP for raking up the issue, I dont support any party but this issue makes my blood boil, am sure so does every indians' except those who fall at madame's feet! Shame on the entire lot ! :angry:

It has been proven many times that that lot is extremely cold-blooded except in cases of corruption when there own party people and the family is implicated, other issues don't make them see red like it does for others! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Let us also see the ground reality. Supreme court has ruled that Kerala courts have no jurisdiction to try the case of Italian marines. No special courtas suggested by apex court has yet been established. Hence presently, there is no court that can try the accused.
Secondly, it is to be considered that the Italian marines had no enmity with the Kerla fishermen and they had mistaken them as sea pirates. The Italian marines were guards and they might have acted to the best of their judgment.
It is learnt that Italian Government has already paid Rs. one crore toeach of the killed fisherman and is willing to educate at govt cost the children of the deceased.
Italian government is willking for international arbitrartion.
Government of India must take everything in consideration and act in best interests of nation, the fishermen's family and all facts as well as international law.

Ground reality is also this glaring fact that everyone in the world is aware that the waters around the coast of India, especially in South and West are very much safe and are not infested by pirates like they are in the other parts of the world. So I like many thousands others here, fail to India how in the blazes can a couple of poor fishermen be mistaken for pirates??? Pirates nowadays own hi-tech gadgetry and all the folks were doing was fishing in their own NATIVE waters!!! :blink: :angry:
So should we all feel grateful that the government of the perpetrators have paid them 1 crore rupees for their extremely and unexcusingly hasty act of murder??? Should we let them get away in exchange for money that will never replace the part of these dead fathers in the lives of their children??? I really cannot see what is needed to be considered here otherwise!

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Let us also see the ground reality. Supreme court has ruled that Kerala courts have no jurisdiction to try the case of Italian marines. No special courtas suggested by apex court has yet been established. Hence presently, there is no court that can try the accused.
Secondly, it is to be considered that the Italian marines had no enmity with the Kerla fishermen and they had mistaken them as sea pirates. The Italian marines were guards and they might have acted to the best of their judgment.
It is learnt that Italian Government has already paid Rs. one crore toeach of the killed fisherman and is willing to educate at govt cost the children of the deceased.
Government of India must take everything in consideration and act in best interests of nation, the fishermen's family and all facts as well as international law.

Ground reality is also this glaring fact that everyone in the world is aware that the waters around the coast of India, especially in South and West are very much safe and are not infested by pirates like they are in the other parts of the world. So I like many thousands others here, fail to India how in the blazes can a couple of poor fishermen be mistaken for pirates??? Pirates nowadays own hi-tech gadgetry and all the folks were doing was fishing in their own NATIVE waters!!! :blink: :angry:
So should we all feel grateful that the government of the perpetrators have paid them 1 crore rupees for their extremely and unexcusingly hasty act of murder??? Should we let them get away in exchange for money that will never replace the part of these dead fathers in the lives of their children??? I really cannot see what is needed to be considered here otherwise!

Now the question id of court jurisdiction. Supreme Court has ruled that Kerala courts are not competent and some court for trying the Italian marines should be established in New Delhi. Also the dispute is regarding territorial jurisdiction. Italians view that the incident happened in international waters. It is also a fact that the dead fishermen cannot be revived. Families need be compensated. So what is wrong in Italy paying the compensation. In fact, families have received this. Should they be asked to return this? However, if government wants to try then in India, it will be necessary to bring the marines to India and also establish special court as directed by apex court. It is to be considered how far this will be feasible in given circumstances.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Now the question id of court jurisdiction. Supreme Court has ruled that Kerala courts are not competent and some court for trying the Italian marines should be established in New Delhi. Also the dispute is regarding territorial jurisdiction. Italians view that the incident happened in international waters. It is also a fact that the dead fishermen cannot be revived. Families need be compensated. So what is wrong in Italy paying the compensation. In fact, families have received this. Should they be asked to return this? However, if government wants to try then in India, it will be necessary to bring the marines to India and also establish special court as directed by apex court. It is to be considered how far this will be feasible in given circumstances.

I feel that compensation is the least they could do having their mariners murder the fishermen, but that still doesnt make them free of guilt, they have to be punished for what they have done, since it was a crime of arrogance and utter disregard for human life and not in self defense !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I feel that compensation is the least they could do having their mariners murder the fishermen, but that still doesnt make them free of guilt, they have to be punished for what they have done, since it was a crime of arrogance and utter disregard for human life and not in self defense !

Exactly my feelings!! All this while the Italians have been rather arrogant and in spite of their audacity of not returning after our government has been foolishly lenient, we are still talking about jurisdictions and stuff!

What applies to people, applies to a country too. As some people are untrustworthy, so are some countries. The nature is the same. I hope sense will prevail and Italy will send the 2 accused back.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Yesterday I was watching the news where the mothers of the mariners were saying that they were doing their duty and have already paid the price for it- I wonder what if it had been our mariners firing at Italian fishermen in their waters?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yesterday I was watching the news where the mothers of the mariners were saying that they were doing their duty and have already paid the price for it- I wonder what if it had been our mariners firing at Italian fishermen in their waters?

We all know what would have happened if it were our mariners, they would have been caught by Italians and given an inhuman treatment and made to rot in a prison somewhere deep in that country! As it is all other countries in the world values its citizens far better than India does! Here the value is attached only to people with money and a celebrity status, even if it a a stupid person like Salman Khan!

We all know what would have happened if it were our mariners, they would have been caught by Italians and given an inhuman treatment and made to rot in a prison somewhere deep in that country! As it is all other countries in the world values its citizens far better than India does! Here the value is attached only to people with money and a celebrity status, even if it a a stupid person like Salman Khan!

Thats what is so disturbing kalyani, one can never take any foreign life for granted and you cant blame them either for treating our lives as worthless because we ourselves do so to except like people like Salman and all the politicians who may be criminals but get Z and Z+ category of security...

We have to make a distinction between ordinary citizens and terrorists/ criminals. The issues concerning friendly states and normal activities need to be settled amicably. We have to distinguish between error of judgment/ unfortunate incidents/ accidents on one hand and deliberate terrorists and criminal activities on the other hand. Incidentally, I may mention to civil casualties arising some time from army firing practice. At Agra also, some times villagers moving nearby army shooting range have been killed. Army blames civilians for entering the firing range despite advance warning and signals whereas civilians blame army. The incident of Kerala fishermen killed is also similar.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.