Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Speedy justice, strong laws, ban on contrabands and proper education of ethics is the need of the hour. All these aspects including community policing can improve security in areas.

True...but in addition to all you mentioned, the need of the hour is also to provide everyone especially the youth, with work,. since empty mind is the devil's workshop and teaching the idle with ethics and moral codes will not make any sense nor make them adhere to any kinds of decent behavior.

Then, community policing is the solution to this, it is not always possible to create jobs for all the unemployed,

http://mohanmekap.com/

Speedy justice, strong laws, ban on contrabands and proper education of ethics is the need of the hour. All these aspects including community policing can improve security in areas.

True...but in addition to all you mentioned, the need of the hour is also to provide everyone especially the youth, with work,. since empty mind is the devil's workshop and teaching the idle with ethics and moral codes will not make any sense nor make them adhere to any kinds of decent behavior.

Then, community policing is the solution to this, it is not always possible to create jobs for all the unemployed,

It again goes back to the basic nature of a person, for he who has the will and desire to find work will find it any how without relying on others. But those who do not have the will can ever find a job. Our problem today is not just unemployment but equal proportions of youth unwilling to do ANY job, they want everything instantly and without working for it. So probably community policing or going all out trying to change mindsets is what is required.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

It again goes back to the basic nature of a person, for he who has the will and desire to find work will find it any how without relying on others. But those who do not have the will can ever find a job. Our problem today is not just unemployment but equal proportions of youth unwilling to do ANY job, they want everything instantly and without working for it. So probably community policing or going all out trying to change mindsets is what is required.

absolutely, I agree to it, the second factor which can disturb the minds of youth is family environment, from child hood if they have disturbed life, or having a single parent, this could impact heavily on their mind and at adolescence they can adhere to serious criminal acts.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

absolutely, I agree to it, the second factor which can disturb the minds of youth is family environment, from child hood if they have disturbed life, or having a single parent, this could impact heavily on their mind and at adolescence they can adhere to serious criminal acts.

Very true. Family environment and surroundings affect a lot. This was well explained in Hare Rama Hare Krishna- Zeenat Amman separated from parents joined the Hippies gang.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

I must Thank you for posting this very well thought out comment. I can definitely see your point and that too with lot of positive idea and I must say you made it very well. But I would like to ask at this point – how many of those rapists belonged to families with single parents? Maybe there is some truth out there, which I think we all will agree upon. But don't you think that community policing soon turns out to be like team of dictators in our country?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think the whole issue could be better tackled by imparting speed in our criminal justice system. Just think that the rape case happening in the national capital left hardest of evidences which ought to have settled the matter in a few months' time but whatever information I have about the progress of this case , it might take how much time - Devil knows!! If a case as water-tight as this one could such meet such fate it is scary to think of those case which are not structured on such hard evidences. It is a complete breakdown of our judicial system. In the light of this horrible record of our judiciary, this government thinks that by enshrining the rights in acts we would be taken to the moon!! If an aspiring student is denied the right of education or a ration-dealer refuses to deliver grains the victims would be knocking at the doors of the judiciary and for a proper judicial decision to come out they might have to wait for 10 years or more!!! Oh,my God!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar
Thats what is so disturbing about our judiciary,Delhi rape case was supposed to be on fast track but is sluggishly moving along and now we have to see about the Mumbai rape case ! There was one case tried out in Mangalore sessions court with regard to a terrorist who was sentanced to 4 years out of which he had already spent 3 and a half years in prison so he gets only 6 months and the fellow openly threatened the police officer who caught him saying, I will persobnally look after you...If there is no reform and remorse what use is punishment ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Open any newspaper from North India and half of it is filed with rape cases. I am reading many newspapers online to keep updated and reading headlines mostly, it's nothing but rape cases allover the pages as if there is a competition going on, as which city would break record of neighboring city. I think if these were recorded properly the count will be in thousands every day.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thats what is so disturbing about our judiciary,Delhi rape case was supposed to be on fast track but is sluggishly moving along and now we have to see about the Mumbai rape case ! There was one case tried out in Mangalore sessions court with regard to a terrorist who was sentanced to 4 years out of which he had already spent 3 and a half years in prison so he gets only 6 months and the fellow openly threatened the police officer who caught him saying, I will persobnally look after you...If there is no reform and remorse what use is punishment ?

Punishment seldom reforms hardened criminals. They rather become more hardened after jail sentence. Even domestic punishment makes children more obstinate. But law is helpless in this regard. There is no way to change human mind. The hard core terrorists can possibly not be reformed as they are already brain washed by their trainers. But there is possibility of reform for lesser criminals. The training in various trades may enable them to provide useful job opportunity on release from jail. But even if thery are reformed, nobody trusts them. I think this was a topic for discussion in a GD.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.