Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Idli- sambar is not limited to Chennai or metros for mornings only but consumed every where for any meal. I know it is easy and tasty to cook south Indian meals. I love eating these items, any time any day and I am from north.

Taste will not know the region or religion. Good you love this nutritional morning meal.

No doubt taste is universal and not limited to any place but the originality of preparation is lost at other places. Dosa in Tamilnadu may differ from that in Punjab.

Yes i too observed it. Samosa's taste in a Northern state will not be same as a samosa made in AP.

Not only shape but also name gets change. The North Indian 'samosa' is known as 'singhara' in Assam and Bengal. similarly 'Golgappa' is called 'puchka' there. This is also called 'Batasha' or 'pani poori' at some places. I remember that once I saw 'puchaka' in a menu in a Shillong restaurant. As this was new to me, I ordered but surprised to see that this was nothing but Gol Gappa.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Idli- sambar is not limited to Chennai or metros for mornings only but consumed every where for any meal. I know it is easy and tasty to cook south Indian meals. I love eating these items, any time any day and I am from north.

Taste will not know the region or religion. Good you love this nutritional morning meal.

No doubt taste is universal and not limited to any place but the originality of preparation is lost at other places. Dosa in Tamilnadu may differ from that in Punjab.

Yes i too observed it. Samosa's taste in a Northern state will not be same as a samosa made in AP.

Not only shape but also name gets change. The North Indian 'samosa' is known as 'singhara' in Assam and Bengal. similarly 'Golgappa' is called 'puchka' there. This is also called 'Batasha' or 'pani poori' at some places. I remember that once I saw 'puchaka' in a menu in a Shillong restaurant. As this was new to me, I ordered but surprised to see that this was nothing but Gol Gappa.

Right. In Hyderabad both the north indian names of samosa and singhara are used as it is a cosmopolitan area. Similarly Paanipoori and Puchka are used.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Right. In Hyderabad both the north indian names of samosa and singhara are used as it is a cosmopolitan area. Similarly Paanipoori and Puchka are used.

I love India sometimes because of such things only.. Eating same thing anyway with different name only...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Nowadays besides Rave Idlis you also get Idlis made with oats,ragi and also other healtheir options like vegetable idlis and stuffed idlis.All the variations are very tasty since they are had with Green or coconut chutney and sambhar..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nowadays besides Rave Idlis you also get Idlis made with oats,ragi and also other healtheir options like vegetable idlis and stuffed idlis.All the variations are very tasty since they are had with Green or coconut chutney and sambhar..

Ha haa.. Even after dinner my apetite has come again... Will eat tomorrow..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
So says a study conducted by “ India Breakfast habits study” covering metros like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata. The study further says Chennai’s favourite Breakfast, Three Idlis, a bowl of sambar and a tumbler of filter Kaapi has the most ideal and adequate nutritional content .

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Idli-sambhar-most-nutritious-breakfast/articleshow/22129608.cms

I agree with that, in fact it is my favorite breakfast of all...I love idlis and can eat them anytime of the day.A well prepared Sambhar and Chtney makes it so very tasty.I also make Dahi Idlis which are yummy too...

Dahi Idlis ?sounds yummy. There are lot of variations of idlis. My wife prepares only conventional idlis

Yes prepared the same way as Dahi wadas with some grated carrots and a tadka, it is really delicious esp during hot summer days...

I have shown this to my wife. I think tomorrow she may give a treat of Dahi wadas to all of us.

Thats great, I too love Idli wada smabar and dahi wada. Dahi wada can be made in so many different ways too....

I like sambar wada coconut souce than idly and dosa. Dahi wada is famous dish of north. We prepared it at home. It is made either with mong dal or urd dal.
So says a study conducted by “ India Breakfast habits study” covering metros like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata. The study further says Chennai’s favourite Breakfast, Three Idlis, a bowl of sambar and a tumbler of filter Kaapi has the most ideal and adequate nutritional content .

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Idli-sambhar-most-nutritious-breakfast/articleshow/22129608.cms

I agree with that, in fact it is my favorite breakfast of all...I love idlis and can eat them anytime of the day.A well prepared Sambhar and Chtney makes it so very tasty.I also make Dahi Idlis which are yummy too...

Dahi Idlis ?sounds yummy. There are lot of variations of idlis. My wife prepares only conventional idlis

Yes prepared the same way as Dahi wadas with some grated carrots and a tadka, it is really delicious esp during hot summer days...

I have shown this to my wife. I think tomorrow she may give a treat of Dahi wadas to all of us.

Thats great, I too love Idli wada smabar and dahi wada. Dahi wada can be made in so many different ways too....

I like sambar wada coconut souce than idly and dosa. Dahi wada is famous dish of north. We prepared it at home. It is made either with mong dal or urd dal.

We make Vades meant for breakfast and for making dahi vada only with Urad dhal in the South but there are other types made with Channa dhal and sago which are tasty as well...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.