This year Mumbaikars are being offered idols that are not made of Plaster of Paris and chemical paints. Every year, Mumbai sees over 1.5 lakh Ganesh idols immersed in the waters, leading to major pollution.

A good move from an NGO to curb Sea Pollution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/09/01/ganesha-chaturthi-fish-idol_n_8068876.html?utm_hp_ref=in-lifestyle

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This is indeed good news. we need save ocean from pollution. I remember as story on immersion of Lord Ganesha. Once a shp was sinking. The passengers remembered their god/ prophet and were saved- Christians by Christ, Muslims by prophet Mohammad, Sikhs by Guru Nanak.  The Hindus were still scary. They were calling Rama, Krishna, Sai Baba, Ma Vaishno and so on.  Then one person suggested that all should remember only one god. Soo they decidsed to call Lord Ganesha. Lord Ganesha appeared and began moving the ship up and down thereby drowning the ship. The devotees cried- O Lord, please save us. You are instead drowning us. Then Ganesh retorted- do you not drown me every year in sea? why should I spare you? 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Even if people think of God if the pollution in sea and River waters is not arrested no God can help us. It's very essential to stop immersion of Ganesh images in rivers and oceans with synthetic material which are not Bio degradable.

People have to care about the environment they stay in. So far it has been always problem is elsewhere but now it is next door. The story about Ganesha by Gulshanji is a good one.

Contaminated Rivers and oceans which have become dumping places for industry wastes are to be averted immediately.

Then where does one dump the enormous waste that is generated.

By converting the waste in to electricity wastes can be effectively utilized.

Although the 'new idols are supposed to be good for environment,' it is bizarre to read that fish food has been added to them. Hard to accept that. Instead the idols can be just symbolically submerged three times in water and taken out again to be used the next year again. That would be a better solution than adding something to be eaten by fish. What guarantee is that the colours of idols are not harmful to the fish?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Fish food is added to make the idols melt and flown away  in the current. Otherwise Idols made of  synthetic materials and colors will not break in to biodegradable things. I welcome this move.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.