Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Is it a good idea to take back part of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan?

    by » 6 weeks ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    @ Kalyani , I am totally aware of what is going on in Kashmir. However, what we get to see and hear is what is being given to us by Ajit Doval and other governmental sources since there is no free press as yet but efforts are being made with some positive outcome . I guess you dint read and understand my post fully because I was referring to the imprisoned leaders who are bound to retaliate once they are released  and they do have a large support base who would support them. It is better to be forewarned and expect the worst rather than be complacent at this stage. We have a long way to go before thongs normalize in Kashmir , that's for sure.

    As far as media is concerned, why is it so hard to believe what Ajit Doval the government is doing and allowing select media to publish??? Has Ajit Doval failed even once in his duty towards the country? So why can't people trust him? The truth is, that majority of the Indians have become so used to the leftist, secular propaganda that anything coming from really unbiased media and the BJP government is questioned and doubted. As far as the leaders like Mehbooba, Omar are concerned, do you really believe that they will be simply released without taking any precautions? Why do you think the Jammu & Kashmir bank was raided and a number of its officials arrested and investigations started as soon as Amit Shah was sworn in and BEFORE the abrogation of article 370? Before arresting these people, their financial ties and fundings have been cut off, so even if they are let go unconditionally, I doubt that they can do anything much or their across-border ties will have anything to do with them without money?


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Is it a good idea to take back part of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan?

    by » 6 weeks ago


    MG Singh wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    @ Kalyani , I am totally aware of what is going on in Kashmir. However, what we get to see and hear is what is being given to us by Ajit Doval and other governmental sources since there is no free press as yet but efforts are being made with some positive outcome . I guess you dint read and understand my post fully because I was referring to the imprisoned leaders who are bound to retaliate once they are released  and they do have a large support base who would support them. It is better to be forewarned and expect the worst rather than be complacent at this stage. We have a long way to go before thongs normalize in Kashmir , that's for sure.

    Usha@ I agree with you. Many people who are not aware of ground reality try and simplify everything.  All said and done Mehbooba, Omar, etc do have some support base and they will create trouble for the Indian government.  I don't think restrictions will be lifted in the valley for a long time but then if these restrictions continue for too long then the world may revise its stand. As it is Trump is doing some rethinking as he needs Pak support for a solution in Afghanistan.

    I have already mentioned how China solved the problem of its restive provinces. There is no other way. Homilies by a few will lead nowhere.

    And you are the only one who is aware of ground reality? You who live in many other countries but India and are mostly thinking only about girls from different regions wherever you happen to be visiting? But not others, no who live in India and trust the ones who are really making things happen and count for the country??? You seem to compare anything and everything with what CHina did and how they solve their problems, you trust CNN...so why should anyone believe you as you have no credibility in what you say!


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Is it a good idea to take back part of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan?

    by » 6 weeks ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    MG Singh wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    @ Kalyani , I am totally aware of what is going on in Kashmir. However, what we get to see and hear is what is being given to us by Ajit Doval and other governmental sources since there is no free press as yet but efforts are being made with some positive outcome . I guess you dint read and understand my post fully because I was referring to the imprisoned leaders who are bound to retaliate once they are released  and they do have a large support base who would support them. It is better to be forewarned and expect the worst rather than be complacent at this stage. We have a long way to go before thongs normalize in Kashmir , that's for sure.

    Usha@ I agree with you. Many people who are not aware of ground reality try and simplify everything.  All said and done Mehbooba, Omar, etc do have some support base and they will create trouble for the Indian government.  I don't think restrictions will be lifted in the valley for a long time but then if these restrictions continue for too long then the world may revise its stand. As it is Trump is doing some rethinking as he needs Pak support for a solution in Afghanistan.

    I have already mentioned how China solved the problem of its restive provinces. There is no other way. Homilies by a few will lead nowhere.

    And you are the only one who is aware of ground reality? You who live in many other countries but India and are mostly thinking only about girls from different regions wherever you happen to be visiting? But not others, no who live in India and trust the ones who are really making things happen and count for the country??? You seem to compare anything and everything with what CHina did and how they solve their problems, you trust CNN...so why should anyone believe you as you have no credibility in what you say!

    I like your comment. LOL. I also find you have very little credibility. God bless you.


  • Re: Is it a good idea to take back part of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan?

    by » 6 weeks ago


    Please let us discuss without losing tempers ... We need to analyse each others views ,however contradictory it may be to ours .

    Coming back to the topic , no doubt that center has taken every precaution it could think of and has done a wonderful job of abrogation of article 370. However, there are always compulsions under which they have to work,  which is completely understandable. There can always be a slip between the cup and the lip. As far as Kashmir is concerned these are still early days but one can.confidentially say that there is no going back..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Is it a good idea to take back part of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan?

    by » 6 weeks ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    Please let us discuss without losing tempers ... We need to analyse each others views ,however contradictory it may be to ours .

    Coming back to the topic , no doubt that center has taken every precaution it could think of and has done a wonderful job of abrogation of article 370. However, there are always compulsions under which they have to work,  which is completely understandable. There can always be a slip between the cup and the lip. As far as Kashmir is concerned these are still early days but one can.confidentially say that there is no going back..

    It is right that 40 days is not enough to say any thing about future of Valley after abrogation of article 370. 1-2 generation of Valley grow up with anti India mind set. It will take time to change it. 


    Thank you said by: usha manohar

  • Re: Is it a good idea to take back part of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan?

    by » 6 weeks ago


    anil wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    Please let us discuss without losing tempers ... We need to analyse each others views ,however contradictory it may be to ours .

    Coming back to the topic , no doubt that center has taken every precaution it could think of and has done a wonderful job of abrogation of article 370. However, there are always compulsions under which they have to work,  which is completely understandable. There can always be a slip between the cup and the lip. As far as Kashmir is concerned these are still early days but one can.confidentially say that there is no going back..

    It is right that 40 days is not enough to say any thing about future of Valley after abrogation of article 370. 1-2 generation of Valley grow up with anti India mind set. It will take time to change it. 

    You are absolutely right anil, it is the mindset and acceptance that is needed which will take sometime. People automatically think of what benefits them the most and lean towards it. I am confident that Modi and Shah have considered all the different negatives that they have to deal with. Young Kashmiri's , mainly the students who live in Bangalore, Manipal, Mangalore etc are still in shock and they are not sure who to trust? I get to interact and discuss with many them and the opinions are divided especially now since they are unable to contact their families freely . But by and large they have kind of accepted that there is no going back ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: anil

  • Re: Is it a good idea to take back part of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan?

    by » 6 weeks ago


    We have thousands of Kashmiri students in different colleges and even Darul ulum, Devband. Their main concern is contact with their parents and how to go to Kashmir but none of them is worried about their future with India. Colleges are taking care of them and locals are supporting them fully. No intoward incidents at all.


    I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

    https://o0.nz/


  • Re: Is it a good idea to take back part of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan?

    by » 6 weeks ago


    suni51 wrote:

    We have thousands of Kashmiri students in different colleges and even Darul ulum, Devband. Their main concern is contact with their parents and how to go to Kashmir but none of them is worried about their future with India. Colleges are taking care of them and locals are supporting them fully. No intoward incidents at all.

    I am almost sure that there will not be any incident unless engineered by Pak. There will however be some sullen resentment but once the Modi government opens Kashmir to others it will not have much effect, However, over a period of time the demographic composition of the valley has to change to snuff out once and for all idea of a separate Valley


  • Re: Is it a good idea to take back part of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan?

    by » 6 weeks ago


    @MGSingh, just a few months ago, you were blasting and berating Modi government left and right, you are now praising him for abrogation of article 370, you trust CNN and other foreign journalists who are know for their anti-Hindu stance, your major comments and observations involve the beauty of girls from different countries you have visited and how you managed to have girlfriends everywhere you went. And you say I have no credibility! LOL!

    As far as I am concerned, I have no more to say to you or others who refuse to accept facts and are obviously biased by common media in India and still refuse to recognise that! So enjoy and cheers!


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


    Thank you said by: MG Singh

  • Re: Is it a good idea to take back part of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan?

    by » 6 weeks ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    @MGSingh, just a few months ago, you were blasting and berating Modi government left and right, you are now praising him for abrogation of article 370, you trust CNN and other foreign journalists who are know for their anti-Hindu stance, your major comments and observations involve the beauty of girls from different countries you have visited and how you managed to have girlfriends everywhere you went. And you say I have no credibility! LOL!

    As far as I am concerned, I have no more to say to you or others who refuse to accept facts and are obviously biased by common media in India and still refuse to recognise that! So enjoy and cheers!

    kalyani@ thanks. you must read my latest collection of short stories available globally. "Enticing tales of love and Romance" by MG Singh.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.