Please see the following link:

http://www.tristramstuart.co.uk/FoodWasteFacts.html

Tristram Stuart has traveled to various countries in order to research for information for his book "Waste: Uncovering the Global Food Scandal" What got me thinking was the fact that he stayed for several months in India and was appalled by the sheer amount of food being wasted in the various wedding ceremonies and the increasingly fashionable parties!

I was reminded by a particular scene in the movie "Jane Bhi Do yaro" where Nasiruddin Shah says while eating, "thoda khao, jyada bahar phek do, maja ata hai" (means eat less, throw out more, that is fun)

Is this what we are supposed to be doing?? :(

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is necessary to avoid wastage of all types, particularly food. Kalyani has done well to highlight the issue of wastage of food in wedding and other occasions. Economizing time, space, resources and avoiding wastage is undoubtedly of paramount importance.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is a very small issue that everybody oftenly neglect, but Kalyani, this is the wonderful effort to raise this issue. This forum let a person to think for sometime that we really waste the important sources of energy in one or the other way without knowing its importance.
But its value is only known by the person who have his food only once a day, by not wasting it, we can give to someone who really needs it.

Aastha Gupta
Even sometimes we waste or throw the food outside our house just because we dont want to have it instead we should give that food to the hungry person, who cannot afford it.

This will not only stop the wastage of food but also will feed the needy.

Aastha Gupta
thanks for sharing..nice site.

there are lot of children dying due to starvation. by distributing those waste foods to them will make them live.
This a startling revelation. Thanks for sharing.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.