The topic is locked.
Now it's time of bold movies. When Bollywood is interested in making sequels of such movies, Malayalam is serving old wine in new bottles :woohoo: :woohoo: . 3 Bold movies of 70's and 80's already released within 1.5 years......Chattakari is the most recent one.
A few words about Chattakari/Julie. This film was based on Malayalam novel, "Chattakari" written by Pamman. Pamman was famous (?) for such notorious novels :silly: :silly: . It was made in 2 languages in 70's - Malayalam and Hindi with Lekshmi as heroine. In original novel, re-union of hero and heroine is not happening. But it's a happy ending in Julie. (I haven't seen its Malayalam version yet).
Most recently Malayalam new version is released. As old Julie, new version also contain some beautiful songs....
I want to share this lovely song with you people, sung by Sreya Goswal. She has given full life to this song with her lovely voice.
Check it and do share your response
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgoskFH6Zc0&feature=fvwrel

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Now it's time of bold movies. When Bollywood is interested in making sequels of such movies, Malayalam is serving old wine in new bottles :woohoo: :woohoo: . 3 Bold movies of 70's and 80's already released within 1.5 years......Chattakari is the most recent one.
A few words about Chattakari/Julie. This film was based on Malayalam novel, "Chattakari" written by Pamman. Pamman was famous (?) for such notorious novels :silly: :silly: . It was made in 2 languages in 70's - Malayalam and Hindi with Lekshmi as heroine. In original novel, re-union of hero and heroine is not happening. But it's a happy ending in Julie. (I haven't seen its Malayalam version yet).
Most recently Malayalam new version is released. As old Julie, new version also contain some beautiful songs....
I want to share this lovely song with you people, sung by Sreya Goswal. She has given full life to this song with her lovely voice.
Check it and do share your response
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgoskFH6Zc0&feature=fvwrel

Laksmi put up a memorable performance in Julie. In the same movie you can see Sridevi dancing for the lilting melody "My heart s beating". This has sent me to nostalgia
Yes, of course...
It was Sridevi's debut to Hindi movies....

Let me add one more thing....
Chattakari was released in 74 and its Hindi version Julie in 75.
Already she was a divorcee with a kid (whom became an actress later - 4th generation-Aiswarya) while acting for Chattakari and very soon she fell in love with its Hero Mohan. Very soon they married and divorced as well. They don't have any kids. .....so chattakari is very much related to her real life
Her third marriage was with a director - love marriage and she has a kid from that marriage.
so, she married thrice.

Meera sandhu
The film was shot at Shornur Junction a famous railway Junction in the Southern Railway especially during the steam era. Shornur had one of the largest steam locomotive workshops.

Sharmistha Banerjee
The film was shot at Shornur Junction a famous railway Junction in the Southern Railway especially during the steam era. Shornur had one of the largest steam locomotive workshops.

old julie or new julie?
can you explain a little bit?

Meera sandhu
Nice review of the film. It seems very interesting love story. Hopefully it will win many awards.

old julie or new julie?
can you explain a little bit?

I'm sure it was about Lakshmi's Julie
this movie was released a couple of months back and got bad reviews as well.
http://www.nowrunning.com/movie/9763/malayalam/chattakkari/index.htm
let me tell you, this movie was directed by son of original director of Chattakari-his debut as director
Shamna Kassim did the role of Julie
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/malayalam-review-chattakkari-is-disappointing/291758-71-212.html

Meera sandhu
has anyone watched that video..
now itself I have heard 5 times, now also hearing.....it's the best song this year......
please do hear once and express your opinion for Sreya's voice.
I think, it's one among the best 3 she sung for Malayalam.

Meera sandhu
Incidentally I have seen both the films Chattakari in Malayalam and also Julie in Hindi and I liked Julie better ...the songs were beautiful esp dil kya kare, yeh raatein nayee purani,Bhool gaya sab kuch...my heart is beating, I dint like much...all in all it was good story and Lakshmi looked beautiful !

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9252]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

so, do you know Malayalam?
You watch Malayalam movies a lot.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.