There are scores of talented and dedicated directors, writers and producers in Bollywood. It was due to their dedication, Indian movie lovers could see some all time classics. Here is a list. And don’t forget to see the trivia also. You will be astonished to see some hither to unknown features.
http://www.filmfare.com/features/100-filmfare-days-43-deewar-6316.html
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are scores of talented and dedicated directors, writers and producers in Bollywood. It was due to their dedication, Indian movie lovers could see some all time classics. Here is a list. And don’t forget to see the trivia also. You will be astonished to see some hither to unknown features.

I dnt go through the entire list but Aandhi, Sholay, Pyasa,Awara,Mughal e azam, Do Bigha Zameen, Sujata,Sahib bibi aur Ghulam , Subah, Ankur, Nishant, Ardh Satya etc are some of my own choices for films that must be seen....One can easily identify 100 films ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I dnt go through the entire list but Aandhi, Sholay, Pyasa,Awara,Mughal e azam, Do Bigha Zameen, Sujata,Sahib bibi aur Ghulam , Subah, Ankur, Nishant, Ardh Satya etc are some of my own choices for films that must be seen....One can easily identify 100 films ..

One Movie lover with good taste can easily guess and identify the 100 films. Especially from The list you mentioned your choicest movies, i can identify your tastes.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

One Movie lover with good taste can easily guess and identify the 100 films. Especially from The list you mentioned your choicest movies, i can identify your tastes.

In good humour, something that is very highly valued becomes priceless, something that lasts long is known as ageless, does some thing that tastes fantastic become tasteless!!

In good humour, something that is very highly valued becomes priceless, something that lasts long is known as ageless, does some thing that tastes fantastic become tasteless!!

I appreciate your sense of humor.

But I am not thankless and would like to thank you for your appreciation, which shows you are not humourless. It is a pleasure to exchange views with you.

But I am not thankless and would like to thank you for your appreciation, which shows you are not humourless. It is a pleasure to exchange views with you.

I'm fortunate. I too enjoy exchanging views with an erudite lik you.
Thank you said by: vijay

Sholay the superhit movie of the mid seventies was re-released sometime back. A grandfather very excitedly took his eight year old grandchild to see it. The child was so bored that he forced the Grandfather to walk out of the movie before interval. The dejected grandfather said to me how tastes have changed in couple of generations. We have to agree that very few movies are timeless, perhaps Mughal-e- Azam could be one of them for its grand scale and powerful acting by Prithviraj Kapoor, Dilp, Madhubala and Ajit along with good music. There can be other movies too.

Sholay the superhit movie of the mid seventies was re-released sometime back. A grandfather very excitedly took his eight year old grandchild to see it. The child was so bored that he forced the Grandfather to walk out of the movie before interval. The dejected grandfather said to me how tastes have changed in couple of generations. We have to agree that very few movies are timeless, perhaps Mughal-e- Azam could be one of them for its grand scale and powerful acting by Prithviraj Kapoor, Dilp, Madhubala and Ajit along with good music. There can be other movies too.

True. With the times tastes also change. Yes it's also true that there are only handful of movies which fall in to the category of All time movies.

Talking about humor one can also add comedy films like Chalti ka naam ghadi, Padosan, Angoor, Chupke Chupke to the list of must see Indian films..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Talking about humor one can also add comedy films like Chalti ka naam ghadi, Padosan, Angoor, Chupke Chupke to the list of must see Indian films..

I would also add films such as Khatta-Meetha, Golmaal, etc. to this list. They are all great movies! Also, classics such as Bandini, Sujata, Saraswatichandra!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.