Rafi remembered

Category: Movies & Entertainment 3 years ago

A Universal voice. Mohammed Rafi, a versatile singer left  a huge collection of  songs for posterity.His range includes Melodious and lilting songs to Classical songs.
. Today is his 36th Death Anniversary.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Rafi remembered

    by » 3 years ago


    I think a singer of his stature is always remembered. On special days we only observe some ritual because there is no single day when we don't get to hear his rendition and automatically we appreciate it umpteen times.


    shampasaid


  • Re: Rafi remembered

    by » 3 years ago


    Rafi and his songs are immortal and will remain so because of their timeless appeal.. I am sure all music lovers will have at least a couple of Rafi songs as their favorites..The first Rafi song that I listened to was when I was around two years old and the song was Koya koya chand khula aasman , playing on the radio. Apparently I would run close to the radio each time it was played and to this day the song transports me back to my childhood days . I am sure most of us would have memories attached to his songs ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Rafi remembered

    by » 3 years ago


    Rafi was a great singer and men like him come once in a generation. I love his songs which are alive even today


  • Re: Rafi remembered

    by » 3 years ago


    Rafi made himself immortal through his lovely songs, Ghazals and other genres of music. He was a noncontroversial pe3rson , whose only interest and Mission was Music. 

     


  • Re: Rafi remembered

    by » 3 years ago


    Rafi's voice is a pleasure to hear and his songs are soothing and melodious. My childhood favourite is the song from Junglee 'chahe koi mujhe jungle kahe---'.


  • Re: Rafi remembered

    by » 3 years ago


    All Rafi's songs are melodious. The uniqueness of Rafi lies in the fact, that, he can make us feel, that Dilip was singing or Johnny Walker was singing. His voice suits most of the then actors.


  • Re: Rafi remembered

    by » 3 years ago


    vijay wrote:

    Rafi's voice is a pleasure to hear and his songs are soothing and melodious. My childhood favourite is the song from Junglee 'chahe koi mujhe jungle kahe---'.

    yes it is also signature song of Shami Kapoor. All songs of Junglee are sweet and melodious. I like Hai Dunia Usi Ki Jamana Usi Ka Mohbat Main Jo Ho Gya Ho Kisi Ka.

     


  • Re: Rafi remembered

    by » 3 years ago


    Shampa Sadhya wrote:

    I think a singer of his stature is always remembered. On special days we only observe some ritual because there is no single day when we don't get to hear his rendition and automatically we appreciate it umpteen times.

    We can't think Bollywood music with out Rafi. It is impossible to forgot him. Rafi said    "Tum Mujhey Yoon Bula Na Paogey, Jab Kabhi Bhi Sunogey Geet Mete Sang Sang Tum Bhi Gungunogey. Rafi Sahib we are doing it, I think you are watching it from heaven.

     


  • Re: Rafi remembered

    by » 3 years ago


    Man Mora Baawra  was sung by Rafi for Kishore in the Movie Raagini. Most of the music Directors during Rafi's time used to prefer for his al round musical knowledge.

     


  • Re: Rafi remembered

    by » 3 years ago


    anil wrote:
    vijay wrote:

    Rafi's voice is a pleasure to hear and his songs are soothing and melodious. My childhood favourite is the song from Junglee 'chahe koi mujhe jungle kahe---'.

    yes it is also signature song of Shami Kapoor. All songs of Junglee are sweet and melodious. I like Hai Dunia Usi Ki Jamana Usi Ka Mohbat Main Jo Ho Gya Ho Kisi Ka.

     

    True, Rafi and Shammi Kapoor matched well..My own favorites are Hum aur tum aur yeh sama, kya nasha nasha sa hai from Dil dekhe dekho  and Baar baar dekho hazaar baar dekho from China Town


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.