Friends, Am a srilankan native living in India for past 10 years. I came to India in 1 year valid Visa during the time of war between srilankan army and LTTE. There are many srilankans in India Just like as me. :unsure:

Till my college life, I have not faced any problem. But after my college, when I want to achieve my aim, it all started. :(

First I applied for UK University and I got admission, paid the fees too. But Indian embassy did not allow me to leave from India.Secondly, I tried for jobs and got selected in Polaris, but they refused to give me job because am from srilanka.If I want to leave India , I have to pay some amount for overstay and there are chances that I have to stay back here itself.

Before 3 months, I thought I could achieve my dreams easily, but it seems am helpless now. Don’t know what to do?
The only valid document I have now is my passport :( . what do you suggest guys? I need your help regarding this!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am very sad to know your problems.I think the right course for you would be to approach the Minstry of External Affairs through your local M.P.
Have you approached Srilankan embassy with your problem i think they would be the best people to help you in this case.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Yes i have approached all the embassies UK,India and srilankan embassy. They are not much helpful in this . they suggested me to go Indian embassy. When i asked there , the officer was very harsh. He asked me to leave india as soon as possible!
Thats really sad. I do suggest what chinmoy said. It can be possible only with power.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

I have good friends. Other than that i do not have any political power. I also do not have any relatives. I will try approach them. thanks for your suggestion guys!
Sajeetharan, I am sad to hear about this! Like Chinmoy said, only someone with good deal of political power can help you out! You need to seek someone with enough influence in the government.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sajee i dont know about your original background, thats your birth and descent all. I suggest you to have a look at this link, there is a small probability that this may help you in some way..

http://www.mha.nic.in/citizenship/acquisition.htm
Oh...Neither help to live nor help to leave! What a crisis is this?Really sorry for not able to provide any help, but prays for you.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
It is really heartening to listen about your problem. I feel if you get any body who has some political influence, they can help you. But beware they may demand huge amount of money.

I am extremely sorry for not able to help you in this regard.
I wish you come out of all the problems and achieve your goal.

One Question: Why you didn't renew your visa after expiring?

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
One Question: Why you didn't renew your visa after expiring?

Kumaresh,

I was not aware of renewing visa, as i said earlier there are 1000s of srilankans belong to my category. Just before few days i came to through Indian Embassy!

I can't do it now. My passport is going to expire by next january!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.