The quality of articles being posted must improve...Don't post articles just because you get 5 or 10 rupees for whatever you write!(I'm sorry for being harsh :( , but this is the reality).Also the quality of English that the writers use must improve drastically -If we need the site to be recognized as an Informative Indian site-World wide and again if you don't care, you can ignore this discussion and move on :angry: .

This is what I read:(copied from the site directly and pasted)

"Boddunan is based in India, but the articles are in English. Sort of. Don't ask me why this Indian site is in English. Thing is, I got an invitation to join up with Boddunan. Cool, I thought, there are millions and millions of Indians, so maybe I'll get a huge bunch of readers.
No such luck. After signing up, I found out that you only get paid if you're an Indian, living in India. I don't know if it's possible to get published without payment if you're not an Indian - but why bother?
Payment differs from article to article. Aparently, Boddunan has editors who decide how much an article is worth depending on its quality. They also talk a lot about writing in perfect English. Too bad the English they use is rather crappy and confusing. And so are the articles.
"

The one who wrote this thinks the articles are of low quality :ohmy: since we are posting in a language - that he grew learning as his first language.So there is nothing we can do about it!! :S

*Imagination encircles the world *
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hi Thirukumaran,

I was not surprised seeing this message which is infact correct in case of few articles that I read on boddunan. For whatever the reason they got approved. May be because of not so much strict rules on how they write.

However, I was surprised to see few points from his views and below are few points which I need to clarify/require clarification:

1. I am not sure when did our editors interact with him. He/She might be talked with our support personnel who are purely technical people but are answering to all the queries due to the less number of resources that we have.

2. We have received so many such complaints from the people after they got banned because of posting copied content or whatever the reason. I am not sure why they have not complained before :( .

3. We have seen few people(I am not interested in naming them here) who belongs to our competitors and created lot of mess here and of course it is quite common.

4. I agree that not all the people from India are good at English but we have the people who can write and speak better than the people who born and bought up in that culture. Does he check out all the articles and commented like this or his comments pertaining to a few articles. I don't bother in case it is the second case as nobody is perfect.

5. I cannot comment on the readers as we all know that boddunan is a new site and it is in its path of growth. No wonder people came here expecting millions of Indians (I wonder so many internet connections exist in India and has so many people who are members of such websites like boddunan), would definitely be disappointed.

Whatever the reasons, we need to double check few things and question ourself that we are moving in right direction or not. So that we should not encounter such messages on International forums.

I would like to propose few things that every member should follow on boddunan, though the final decision is yours.

1. No article shall be approved unless it is spell checked and grammatically correct.

2. No member shall post articles or forum posts in an unknown language but the alphabet belongs to English ;) . If he/she cannot communicate in English, he/she can use Hindi.

3. We will increase the number of editors by choosing more from the members. You could have seen the announcement for editors.

Please let me know your views/suggestions.

- Maverick

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Its unquestionably the most serious issue I notice here. Everyone knows that we are really stringent about plagiarism, yet I feel, quality issues have failed to draw the attention of the editors. I know that the guidelines regarding article submission have been clearly specified and our editors too have given much guidance in this regard, still I go ahead and say this because I find poor quality articles continue to be approved. Some articles do not make any grammatical sense, I can show you atleast hundred such articles. In some you'll find no proper formatting. In some the author goes round and round without coming to the point even once while in some the author is happy writing just a couple of lines, infact I read one such article just a while ago, I wasn't able to distinguish it from a comment, its still on the home page. This should certainly not be the case. The content of this site is a representative of our writing skills and I know our writers aren't bad, I've seen many of them submitting brilliant content. But sorry to say, there are some hopeless cases as well. My question is, why let a small bunch of people spoil the reputation of the entire community??? Why are such articles being approved in the first place??? Let money not be the only motivation behind writing!
I agree with Siddharth-Let money not be the motivation.I can always point out to other similar sites ,for taking an example of articles posted in it,but again where is the uniqueness in that? also referring to other such sites will only create more duplicate copies of information available on the internet.....

*Imagination encircles the world *
Hi all :)

As a matter of fact,let us take this criticism as a positive ambiance to develop and help each other.

I have noticed that the only weakness that Boddunan.com has is in the usage of the language 'English'. I fail to understand why people do not think of the ideas/views posted by the users and members? Other than the language,even the depth of the matters have to be understood.

I am sure we all will work it out here,changing others's way of English learning is tedious;so let us begin from ours!

Thanks!
Swetha Shenoy :)

Swetha Shenoy
Thanks Swetha for motivation given by you. We should continue our effort and the same time we should focus more on improving the quality of the articles.

I agree that the English is not only the ingredient of any article and we should consider the author's views as well. At the same time we should motivate the authors to concentrate little bit on English as well.

Please let me know in case my views are incorrect.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

English is no more monopoly of British or Americans only.English is the associate official language of Union Government. The official language of Nagaland, an India state is English. The Roman script is adopted in most states of North East India. English is link language for most Indians. We have many good writers like Mulkh Raj Anand, Toru Dutta, Sarojani Naidu, Khushwant and others. So, it is not surprising that India based site accepts articles written in English. Further, I view that anybody writing for money only and not for creativity is no writer.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes, English is an international language and with so many english medium school in India it is not surprising to write in English. Only thing to be improved is :
Yes, Spelling mistakes and use of daily-sppoken informal words like "yeah" in a few articles to be strictly prevented(not published).

That is the only thing I felt which probably needs to be checked. Other things like the added features are going well.

Rgds,
Sridevi
On considering the articles, language is a main factor which keeps the quality of both the article and the site.

Boddunan is just on the growing stage, articles are the base of the site.So,some of the articles which maynot be of high qualities maybe approved..

Because .. without articles,we cannot grow..

But as time goes on .. the approval procedure will be made more strict to focus on the entire quality of the article...

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
Agree with you Jobin. However, we shall not approve articles with many grammatical and spelling mistakes. What do you say?

yes maverick...

articles having many grammatical or other mistakes should be definitely rejected..

i'm just saying that small small mistakes can be forgiven in the beginning.. provided site's credibility is not affected very much...

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.