Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arun,
IWhen I pointed the same thing in another site they blocked such ads.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Could you please elaborate the issue you faced on other site??

Also blocking any ads is not a wise thing to do at all unless there is a conflict of interest.

For example, I would block ads only if reebok ads shows up on my nike shoes article as it would be direct competition to my nike shoes I am promoting.

Otherwise it is not good to block ads as google shows the ads which has the highest bid according to your page. So if you block that ad, google will show the next highest bid ad which will be lower in value than the first one.

Also, we can either block ads by url or by category and both the option wont be viable. I mean if you block particular ads by url, the chances are you might see similar ads again due to your past search history. Also, it is not possible to block ads by category on this site as only Maverick uses his adsense a/c and blocking categories like dating, sexual and reproductive health and references to sex and sexuality would be injustice to dating articles and medical articles which deals with this subjects. They would not get targeted ads and wont perform well monetary.
Very lucidly explained,Arun! Now I can understand it well!
Thanks Chinmoy!!
Arun,
It was not in my blog or page and I am not the blocker.The same type of ad from same site I mentioned here came in another site where I was used to visit.I felt it bad as it may make my students to misunderstand me when I browse in public.So I brought it to the notice of webmaster and he blocked it.Here also I think it can be practiced.

Visit my blogs:

As far as I can understand in the light of Arun's explanation blocking might be an extreme measure on the part of the web mater!
Yes according to Arun's explain i think that blocking is not in the hands of Bodddunan moderator...
@Abid - If it is only one site that you have problem with then you can surely go ahead and ask Maverick to block that specific url from his adsense account by using the ad filter option.

But my whole point was if you block a url, the similar ads will take its place and also they would be low paying than the previous one. Also the type of ads we see depends on our geographic location and past search history. I wont see the same ads that you see even though if we are viewing the same page.

Also from your statement, I am assuming that you are using a public computer. Their search data may also influence your ad. The best solution for you would be to clear your cache history everyday by using software like ccleaner.

@Chinoy - Dude, you got that right. Blocking an ad is an extreme measure and should only be taken if there is a conflict of interest.

@Rajani - If maverick is using his adsense a/c, he can block ads by url and by category. But they are extreme measures. And I would not at all advise such measure on a site like this which thrives on user generated content.

I mean if i block a specific dating url, then all the articles which are on dating wont be getting that highest paying dating ad and it would be replaced by a lower paying one.

And blocking by category would be even more worse as dating article wont be getting any dating ads and visitors would hardly click on any random ads.
Rajani K wrote:
[quote]Yes according to Arun's explain i think that blocking is not in the hands of Bodddunan moderator...[/quote]

yes rajani blocking an Ad is not the boddunan's hand...

@ Arun

yet another good and clear explanation from arun.......
OK Thanks.That site's ads are not seen now.I am using a private computer.There is no such search data as you mentioned.This ad was appearing in Boddunan only .

Visit my blogs:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.