The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So why we oppose celebration on Valentine's Day?
gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]There are some comments on undesirability of days specially devoted to 'mother, 'father', 'friend' borrowed from west. Celebration of any festival or event is individual choice and we need not interfere. But I may point out that there are also such festivals of Indian origins. There is Brothers' day called Bhai Dooj, Sisters' day called 'raksha bandhan' husbands' day called 'karwa Choth'. similarly, Valentine Day is Lovers' day.[/quote]

As per your comment, why we oppose celebration on Valentine's day? If we celebration Mother's day, Bhai dooj, Rakhsha bandhan then why opposition to "Valentine's Day" ?
Abhishek Dua wrote:
[quote]gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]There are some comments on undesirability of days specially devoted to 'mother, 'father', 'friend' borrowed from west. Celebration of any festival or event is individual choice and we need not interfere. But I may point out that there are also such festivals of Indian origins. There is Brothers' day called Bhai Dooj, Sisters' day called 'raksha bandhan' husbands' day called 'karwa Choth'. similarly, Valentine Day is Lovers' day.[/quote]

As per your comment, why we oppose celebration on Valentine's day? If we celebration Mother's day, Bhai dooj, Rakhsha bandhan then why opposition to "Valentine's Day" ?[/quote]

The opposition to Valentine day is justified by the argument that there is no need for love on a particular day only as this is throughout the year. My counter argument is that the love for brother is also whole year and why celebrate Bhai Dooj. similarly, with Raksha bandhan, Karwa choth. If we oppose Valentine Day, we have to oppose these other festivals as well.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]Abhishek Dua wrote:

As per your comment, why we oppose celebration on Valentine's day? If we celebration Mother's day, Bhai dooj, Rakhsha bandhan then why opposition to "Valentine's Day" ?[/quote]

The opposition to Valentine day is justified by the argument that there is no need for love on a particular day only as this is throughout the year. My counter argument is that the love for brother is also whole year and why celebrate Bhai Dooj. similarly, with Raksha bandhan, Karwa choth. If we oppose Valentine Day, we have to oppose these other festivals as well.[/quote]

Then it will be like a simple year with no festivals... On these festival days, People get time to be with their families, their partners. This comment was for those people who stay away from their families because of work or some other reason.
Abhishek Dua wrote:

The opposition to Valentine day is justified by the argument that there is no need for love on a particular day only as this is throughout the year. My counter argument is that the love for brother is also whole year and why celebrate Bhai Dooj. similarly, with Raksha bandhan, Karwa choth. If we oppose Valentine Day, we have to oppose these other festivals as well.[/quote]

Then it will be like a simple year with no festivals... On these festival days, People get time to be with their families, their partners. This comment was for those people who stay away from their families because of work or some other reason.[/quote]

I do not oppose any festival. I only say that Valentine day is also like Raksha bandhan, Karwa choth etc. Either you oppose all these or support all. I support all. We have particular day for husband, brother, sister, then why not for love. If you can observe Karva Choth for husband safety on a particular day, tie rakhi for sister's protection on a particular day, it is also okay to observe a particular day for love i.e. Valentine Day.

Then it will be like a simple year with no festivals... On these festival days, People get time to be with their families, their partners. This comment was for those people who stay away from their families because of work or some other reason.[/quote]

I do not oppose any festival. I only say that Valentine day is also like Raksha bandhan, Karwa choth etc. Either you oppose all these or support all. I support all. We have particular day for husband, brother, sister, then why not for love. If you can observe Karva Choth for husband safety on a particular day, tie rakhi for sister's protection on a particular day, it is also okay to observe a particular day for love i.e. Valentine Day.[/quote]

So this indicates me that you are not in opposition of Valentine's Day
Oh!So many quotes? It is difficult to understand who replied for what?
There is necessacity of a special day to prove one's love I think. Always that day automaticaly becomes a special day the day in which one expressses one's love to some one.

This valentines day began in the west . A story is also related to the day . This is a faith and part if culture of some country. It is not suc an issue to think over and comment . Though there is no necessity of such a day we can not hurt a person's heart saying his belief is bad .
Though there is no necessasity of the day still I can not recomend to ban this day.
Abhishek Dua wrote:

I do not oppose any festival. I only say that Valentine day is also like Raksha bandhan, Karwa choth etc. Either you oppose all these or support all. I support all. We have particular day for husband, brother, sister, then why not for love. If you can observe Karva Choth for husband safety on a particular day, tie rakhi for sister's protection on a particular day, it is also okay to observe a particular day for love i.e. Valentine Day.[/quote]

So this indicates me that you are not in opposition of Valentine's Day[/quote]

Very right. I do not oppose Valentine Day. I do not oppose any festival. East or west, what cheers is best.

No one is opposing the festival however the only one question is this necessary i mean a particular day to express your love to your loved ones? That is the major question here?

http://myblogdeivigan.blogspot.com/
http://placementandinformations.blogspot.com/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.