The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Deivigan- Very good point. A political leader also needs some qualifications and qualities. Politics begins with membership in a political party. It is job of political parties to ensure that the member is well qualified and good. For political activities other than membership of parliament, state assembly, corporations etc, there can be no prescribed qualifications. There are some qualifications for membership of parliament and state assembly. The returning officers check the nominations papers. However there are no prescribed educational qualifications. You have suggested well that there should be qualification. As the member of parliament has to do legislative work, degree in law should be prescribed. But we are discussing about women reservation. Irrespective of gender, anyone who meets the criteria should be in a position to contest election. In this regard role of political parties is significant. They should allot party tickets for elections to parliament and legislative assemblies without gender basis. I have to repeat that reservations for women lead to election of women acting as mere puppets and proxies of their male patrons.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That's the reality of politics in India. Even in the olden times when kings were ruling there were many tests like archery,intelligent tests..etc. Politics is a way to earn money for generations together. That's what all of them think. Even though we have many women politicians who want to help people but are not given the chance to do it.

As far as I am concerned, Reservation should be there for women in parliament so that they are given a chance to tell their views, do something for the society and fight for noble causes.

Hope this will happen and make India a greater country as everyone dreamed of.

B)

Your one click makes their day, please help them:
http://bhookh.com/
Guys thank you for your participation. I will come back with the results.

Meanwhile short update: Next week we would be having no Group discussion. Due to few personal commitments I may not spend more time on reading entire discussion and hence may not assess the result. Hence canceling the GD for this week. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.